Tachyon guns have something to tell you!!!

Pete J

Spaceman
Want to know what the best gun in the game is? Easy! Buy a Centurion (to have a clear view), buy a tachyon gun and place it on the right (or starboard) wing and then use the outside view to zoom in on the gun (there's a little message).

Pete J said:
Want to know what the best gun in the game is? Easy! Buy a Centurion (to have a clear view), buy a tachyon gun and place it on the right (or starboard) wing and then use the outside view to zoom in on the gun (there's a little message).

Ok, what does it say (for those of us having some trouble doing that.

There's a picture attached to show you what I mean (sorry about the quality, had to make it small enough to attach).

On one side it says:
'Buy this gun it is the best!
It'll make you wonder why the others were made.
It is too cool for school.'

On the other side it says:
'Not much to put on this side.
Don't poke your eye out looking so close!'

I wonder what other hidden stuff there is?

Attachments

• Tac Pic1.bmp
    94.3 KB · Views: 400
It isn't that hard... some F6, then some rolling and steering, best with zero velocity but shouldn't be that different, then you zoom and you got it. But you need extreme detail...

Wow, I'd have never noticed that, but the fact that remains is, the fusion gun is the best gun you can buy, rather than find, or make.

Fusion Gun, isn't that the thing the black fascist ship from WC4? The one you have to load befor you can fire? Never seen the thing in the remake... where can you get it?

I've found another gun with writing on!

The Steltek gun had the writing:

'This is a deadly gun.
Wear eye protection at all times.
You'll poke your eye out!'

Hahaha, easter egg tastic! :)

I personally like lasers best for most of the game, once I can get four of them firing in the same direction. In the Remake, my favorite ship is a Galaxy with two tachyon guns, two laser turrets, and turret automation. :)

spiritplumber said:
I'll get back to work on WCU as soon as I get rid of all the stuff Michelle littered my life with. :)

I hope you take note of what Maj. Striker wrote when you continue your work.

spiritplumber said:
Hahaha, easter egg tastic! :)

I personally like lasers best for most of the game, once I can get four of them firing in the same direction. In the Remake, my favorite ship is a Galaxy with two tachyon guns, two laser turrets, and turret automation. :)

I used to refer to that potential configuration as the Galaxy gunship ;)

Potent as heck. BTW, why laser turrents and not tachyon turrents?

The reason for this is that the lasers use very little energy and allow the turrets to keep shooting pretty much continuously, the idea is that you do your fighting with the big guns, and the turrets prevent your target's shields from regenerating.

Re Cutlass: Every WC game introduced new ships. The Cutlass is basically a slightly upgraded Scimitar, not some kind of superfighter... if a fan game had introduced the Dragon we'd all have (and rightfully so) screamed munchkin. I think that the model is beautiful I will leave the Cutlass in as it adds all of 200kb to the download and, if we want to disable it, we can do so in about fifty seconds (less if we're good with grep). Right now we really should keep as many things as possible... I thought it was a beautiful ship and wanted to see it fly in its element, is all :) I WILL remove the Delphinus though, that was just me playing around with Wings3D, and it has nothing to do with Wing Commander (it was supposed to be the space version of the skyship from Skies of Arcadia).

What I was thinking as a way to make everyone happy was to take the Cutlass model and "map" it to some fighter we have heard about in the novels, but we don't know what it looks like -- again, it's a beautiful ship and should fly. Would that be acceptable? ^_^ I thought i came up with a cute backstory for that ship design, but it doesn't matter to me, I just want to make sure that the MODEL is in because it's beautiful. There's plenty of ships we've seen mentioned in novels which we don't know what they look like, and since the Cutlass model has a WC1 look, it should fit right in with the pre-wc1 stories.

spiritplumber said:
The reason for this is that the lasers use very little energy and allow the turrets to keep shooting pretty much continuously, the idea is that you do your fighting with the big guns, and the turrets prevent your target's shields from regenerating.

Re Cutlass: Every WC game introduced new ships. The Cutlass is basically a slightly upgraded Scimitar, not some kind of superfighter... if a fan game had introduced the Dragon we'd all have (and rightfully so) screamed munchkin. I think that the model is beautiful I will leave the Cutlass in as it adds all of 200kb to the download and, if we want to disable it, we can do so in about fifty seconds (less if we're good with grep). Right now we really should keep as many things as possible... I thought it was a beautiful ship and wanted to see it fly in its element, is all :) I WILL remove the Delphinus though, that was just me playing around with Wings3D, and it has nothing to do with Wing Commander (it was supposed to be the space version of the skyship from Skies of Arcadia).

What I was thinking as a way to make everyone happy was to take the Cutlass model and "map" it to some fighter we have heard about in the novels, but we don't know what it looks like -- again, it's a beautiful ship and should fly. Would that be acceptable? ^_^ I thought i came up with a cute backstory for that ship design, but it doesn't matter to me, I just want to make sure that the MODEL is in because it's beautiful. There's plenty of ships we've seen mentioned in novels which we don't know what they look like, and since the Cutlass model has a WC1 look, it should fit right in with the pre-wc1 stories.

I thought turrents did not draw from your reactor power pool. Guess I'll have to check that.

They don't, they have their own little reactor (which is really under "stuff to fix", i think). However, turrets all have the same reactor, and lasers use the least power, so... do the math :)

spiritplumber said:
They don't, they have their own little reactor (which is really under "stuff to fix", i think). However, turrets all have the same reactor, and lasers use the least power, so... do the math :)

If they've statted it out correctly, lasers are very, very efficient!

Neat.

Back