System count

Soma

Spaceman
Does anyone know how many systems (roughly) both Confed and the Kilrathi held at the begining of the war? Also, what happened to the Kilrathi held systems after the WC3? Did Confed expand into those territories or leave them for the cats?

IIRC, there are currently about 600 known systems in the WCU, +/- a hundred or so. I have no idea what who had what at the start of the war, but I'm pretty sure things were left mostly as they were at the end. Judging from the WCU Map, anyway. Independent Kilrathi (Ghorah Khar, N'Tanya, etc) rejoined what's left of the Empire, while Confed took possession of the remaining Kilrathi systems in the Gemini sector, for example.

The Kilrathi also have a thousand odd uninhabited/uninhabitable systems they took for from the Hari, IIRC. I'm not sure what those woukld be good for though. Well, apart from hiding secret fleets that come within a whisker of winning you the war, I mean. :D

Best, Raptor

The map that came with Wing Commander Prophecy gives a detailed account of the worlds that were held by the Terrans and Kilrathi. Though this is at the end of the war, it is my theory that this was not incredibly changed because the way that the Terrans won was a secret super weapon that kicked the Kilrathi's legs right out from under them. So check that out if you want a good estimate for yourself.

The prophecy map is good for seeing the "main" systems and sectors at a glance, but it's incomplete. There are a lot ofworlds and jump lines that are not on the map, including the Landreich and half the Union, along with a bunch of Confed and Kilrathi worlds.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Napoleon
and it is missing most Hari worlds

Originally posted by Raptor
The prophecy map is good for seeing the "main" systems and sectors at a glance, but it's incomplete. There are a lot ofworlds and jump lines that are not on the map, including the Landreich and half the Union, along with a bunch of Confed and Kilrathi worlds.

Best, Raptor

That sucks... I know the map is a great resource, but ya can't help but feel a little jiped. Though the map does show the MAIN SYSTEMS, I feel that is should have been made more complete. Perhaps a WC CIC project in the future?

Originally posted by pygmypiranha

That sucks... I know the map is a great resource, but ya can't help but feel a little jiped. Though the map does show the MAIN SYSTEMS, I feel that is should have been made more complete. Perhaps a WC CIC project in the future?

Or in the past!

Originally posted by Napoleon
...and it is missing most Hari worlds
If not all?

Though the map does show the MAIN SYSTEMS, I feel that is should have been made more complete.
What do you mean? Just putting that map together was a great accomplishment already.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Or in the past!
Indeed! Hurray! :)

That sucks... I know the map is a great resource, but ya can't help but feel a little jiped. Though the map does show the MAIN SYSTEMS, I feel that is should have been made more complete.

You can say that to Johnny, I don't think I would :)

(I take that back, I think I have in the past... but I was kind I tell you!)

Originally posted by Wedge009
If not all?

What do you mean? Just putting that map together was a great accomplishment already.

Indeed! Hurray! :)

I am saying that it isn't complete because all of the systems are not there. As people were mentioning before, that some of the Hari planets/systems are missed. That is what I meant. I am not contradicting that the map was a great feat, because it certainly was a kick ass accomplishment.

The Hari systems were proposed as additions, but it was decided that it was stupid because we don't really know anything about them except for the fact that there are lots. You'd be making the map insanely larger with no real gains.

I am saying that it isn't complete because all of the systems are not there. As people were mentioning before, that some of the Hari planets/systems are missed. That is what I meant. I am not contradicting that the map was a great feat, because it certainly was a kick ass accomplishment.

... but in actuality there are billions and billions of star systems. :)

I am saying that it isn't complete because all of the systems are not there
As LOAF just said, there are only a tiny fraction of known star systems compared to what's there in 'reality'. LOAF made a fantastic effort in filling in what 'gaps' there were from the WCP map, but even then, there's no reason for more systems to be introduced in the next WC game.

Yeah, Stupid NASA they can´t make a decent map of the universe

Ha NASA building another Hubble, that'll be the day. They had such a big problem with the first one who would want to give them funding to build a second one. phhhht.:p

Back