Swedish Fish

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
I'm really sorry but I just had to talk about this very briefly cause I just had quite an epiphany. I've always wondered just what it was that Swedish Fish taste like. And now I got it! Pears! Swedish Fish taste like pears!

"Are you both crazy?" the doctor cried shrilly, backing away in paling confusion.
"Yes he really is crazy, Doc" Dunbar assured him. "Every night he dreams he's holding a live fish in his hand."
"He does what?"
"He dreams he's holding a live fish in his hand."
"What kind of fish," the doctor inquired sternly of Yossarian.
"I don't know," Yossarian answered. "I can't tell one kind of fish from another."
"In which hand do you hold them?"
"It varies," answered Yossarian.
"It varies with the fish," Dunbar added helpfully.
The colonel turned and stared down at Dunbar suspiciously with a narrow squint. "Yes, and how come you seem to know so much about it?"
"I'm in the dream," Dunbar answered without cracking a smile.
Guess the quote! No googling allowed!

Shipgate said:
I'm really sorry but I just had to talk about this very briefly cause I just had quite an epiphany. I've always wondered just what it was that Swedish Fish taste like. And now I got it! Pears! Swedish Fish taste like pears!

Kids, this is a prime example of how marijuana messes with your mind...

:)

Maj.Striker said:
Kids, this is a prime example of how marijuana messes with your mind...
No kidding. Everyone knows that Swedish Fish taste like gummy bears! Especailly the plain old red ones. Who needs the other colors? :p

(For those of you who now think we're all nuts, go here.)

Red Fish = Uber.
Orange Fish = Good.
Yellow Fish = Passable.
Green Fish = Nasty.

Red Swedish Fish 4 teh win!

Pears? I never thought of that, but I suppose they may taste mildly so... All I know is that they always stick in my teeth and won't come out.

AKAImBatman said:
No kidding. Everyone knows that Swedish Fish taste like gummy bears! Especailly the plain old red ones.

I think they taste nothing like gummy bears. You see, cause you got the gummi bears which fit under gummi candies along with gummi worms, frogs, and sharks. But Swedish Fish are a jelly candy. Like Cinnamon Bears and gumdrops.

Gummis get their texture from gelatin. But with the jellies, they get their texture from carnuba wax.

It's crazy to see that a thread about swedish fish has made it this far without LOAF saying anything.

Shipgate said:
I think they taste nothing like gummy bears. You see, cause you got the gummi bears which fit under gummi candies along with gummi worms, frogs, and sharks. But Swedish Fish are a jelly candy. Like Cinnamon Bears and gumdrops.

That's because you buy the cheap "soft" gummi bears. I only buy the tougher, higher quality kind. i.e. Similar to the cinnamon bears. Of course, Cinnamon Bears are my favorite candy. Lost a dental cap on one bag of them...

If I may cite precedence, in the case of Malaco Leaf AB v. Promotions In Motions Inc. the court claimed that "Soft and chewy candy is generally categorized by the industry as either "gummy" if it has a primarily gelatin base, or "juju," if it has primarily a starch base."

Seriously, though, that legal case is full of interesting facts about Swedish Fish.

Back