SWC Hornet Low Poly model

Kevin Caccamo

Rear Admiral
I just completed a 3D model of the Hornet from Super Wing Commander. It has a really low polycount (~200 polys!!), so it should be suitable for any game. By using Blender, I was able to create the low-res model over the high-res model which I used as a reference. I put Origin's textures onto the model with xNormal. Diffuse map, normal map, height map, and AO map are included.

Download

Picture:

Hornetrender.png

This is my first encounter with a SWC Hornet. Nice work.

I wonder what the back story is that explains the game. Who decided that this version of WC would have radically different images? I always thought many of the models were really interesting, but I've always come back to 'why?'

Yes, there is a High-Poly model of this in the OSI model archive. (HORNET.3DS) :)

Not to turn this into a Brian Smith discussion, but this model archive was released on the day the CIC found out he died. You can download it from his online memorial.

Nice work!

Would he like you to know he gives me a permission of developing a paper model starting from her model?

Thank you!

Somehow, I didn't understand half of that. (Who is "he" :confused:) If you're asking about making a paper model from this one, go ahead. :)

Sorry for my poor english, :D but this ideia is a making papermodel it is that. Thanks for permission!!!
;)

Péricles

Here you go.

Attachments

• HRender1.png
    HRender1.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 101
  • HRender2.png
    HRender2.png
    170 KB · Views: 80
  • HRender3.png
    HRender3.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 94
  • HRender4.png
    HRender4.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 93
  • HRender5.png
    HRender5.png
    191 KB · Views: 90
Ok, now I remember why it looks familiar. Did anyone else play XF-5700 Mantis? If the SWC hornet had a fin on its back, it'd be a dead ringer for the mantis.

Back