SW Battlefront 2

Yes, I felt the same way. But I guess since the campaign was centered around the success of the 501st they didn't want to do Endor. Maybe they just figured leaving at a high note for the Empire was the best route, and what higher note is there than the Battle of Hoth?

Thats the mission I'm having trouble with too. Where you first have to take the council chamber and then hold the library long enough for the books to be scanned.

so after ep3 it turns out that storm troopers never were real people(like ep4 had suggested) but actually always were clones?

Well, using an engineer helps a lot, the problem is that stupid friendly AI throws grenades at the bookcase and the next orders for the same mission are incredibly dificult.
Thanks for ruining a game.

Chevieblazer said:
so after ep3 it turns out that storm troopers never were real people(like ep4 had suggested) but actually always were clones?

How do they imply Stormtroopers are not "real?"

LeHah said:
Does anyone know why Lucasarts never released a level editor for the original game? I think that fans making their own levels would certainly give the game a lot longer lifespan if they did - just look at Jedi Knight.
There are level tools available for the original game, SWBF1. I think they were released quite awhile after the game, I'm not sure, but you can get them at http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/ you can also get a bunch of custom maps as well. The tools run about 400 meg for a single download.
The custom levels themselves aren't tough to install, and some of custom vehicles that don't permamanently mod the game. There's also XSi Softimage for creating custom units. The maps are actually pretty good and there's guides to editing.
I'm just waiting to see if there are any special tools needed for SWBF2, maybe adding old levels in is just a matter of copying them into a folder, I wouldn't be surprised, that's all you have to do to add custom maps to 1.

d3r3k said:
How do they imply Stormtroopers are not "real?"

The game actually has a good (if not canonized) explaination about this. It's given in the intro to the Kamino level in the campaign.

Ghost said:
Well, using an engineer helps a lot, the problem is that stupid friendly AI throws grenades at the bookcase and the next orders for the same mission are incredibly dificult.
Thanks for ruining a game.

I think i finally got lucky. I was killed by a jedi but was able to respawn in the library. I quickly killed the one jedi upstairs before running down to the lower level. There i stood at the back of the library, where the last two surviving bookcases were and shot the jedi or other soldiers as they ran into the room. I made it through with both bookcases surviving.

For retreiving the beacon or holocrons, as soon as i can get them, i usually grab them and run for the gunship without taking time to fire at everyone, instead i just run past them, which seems to work better than trying to fight your way through everything. And it took me a couple of lives to gun down the last three jedi, but i was able to wear them down.

Now on to Naboo.....

I went and visited my friend who has played Battlefront 2 and boy it is pretty damn good and there has been some improvement since the release of the first game. Although it was interesting that the release of the first and the second was quite short in terms of the time between the two release dates

I found it pretty interesting where you can a hero when you accumalated a certain amount of points...Vadar, Maul, Palpatine, Windu, Skywalker and the lists goes on, it is pretty good

Back