Survey

Hmm... so far it's seems I'm alone in my opinion
smile.gif
. Oh well.

Loaf: I don't want to come off as sounding like I think I'm smarter than everyone else, because I'll be the first to admit that I'm not, but what you said... that is just dangerous.

Tailburn: Tell me something. Is the true coward the man who breaks the law because he feels it right or the man who follows orders blindly because it's illegal to do otherwise?

Cricket: I'd be interested in hearing your answer to this... you seem to be the only girl here so I'd at least be different.

"War will cease when men refuse to fight."
-Fridtjof Hansen

------------------
The lily is my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Common sense is dangerous
smile.gif
? Lets face it, we, as individuals, are *not* special.

If common sense says that individual thought is a bad idea... then yes it is dangerous
smile.gif
. And I don't know about you, but I *am* special
wink.gif

------------------
The lily is my favorite.

I'm probably as patriotic as it gets.
I'd gladly fight for the defense of Great Britain. Though, I'd refuse to be involved in any conflict fuelled by the United States gung-ho attitude to things.
Check out the ageing www.move.to/bwdp for my patriotic views.

Bretwalda said:
I'd gladly fight for the defense of Great Britain. Though, I'd refuse to be involved in any conflict fuelled by the United States gung-ho attitude to things.
Check out the ageing www.move.to/bwdp for my patriotic views.

Heh..and most major countries won't act w/o the US's support.
redface.gif
)

Last I checked, LOAF, the whole point of democracy was that the government does what the people want, not what it wants. Therefore, yes, people do have a right not to serve their country when they don't think the government is doing the right thing.
Incidentally, whoever made all those other people assume that governments are capable of clear thought should also be shot
smile.gif
. Governments consist of people; and lately, not even particularly admirable people at that.

Anybody visit the page Bretwalda linked to? I'm sure it's a joke and all but it makes me think of Nazi's with a Union Jack.

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Bretwalda said:

What, is Rambo now President? Be careful how you word things, you might offend someone.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited May 14, 2000).]

So what... If I were always thinking 'Oh no, I might offend someone' I'd never say anything.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

If I was old enough and got drafted, I'd be scared out of my mind but I'd go. I'm a good shot and I can run for almost forever, so I don't have to worry about that at least. Just need to concentrate on not getting hit
smile.gif

Besides, I want to be a pilot for the RCAF, so I'll probably end up fighting for my country one way or another.

In my class the answer for the poll was about haf-half.

Oh yeah, scale I use for eyesight is on 20. I'm not sure about the one you're using.
-3 means 17/20?

Thanks for the answers

Hmm, I don't think that's actually a joke. Had it been a joke, they wouldn't have done more than one page. But joke or not, that site is damned funny
biggrin.gif
. Why, it's the funniest site I've seen since that New American site.
You gotta admire all those nationalist retards... I, at any rate, find their ability to exist with less intact braincells than a mentally impaired Kalkrath to be quite incredible
smile.gif

I think you have to think about their existance like matter and anti-matter. Matter could not exist without anti-matter. To make matter out of energy you must make anti-matter at the same time. So similarly, to have intelligent people, you have to have complete and utter morons. Unfortunately we can't just toss these people into another part of the universe.

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

I won't go if I got drafted I wouldn't go. I have too little faith in the brass to just go out to somewhere they say and get my guts blown out. I would join the resitance/maquis, whatever you call it. Being my own boss I would take the fight to the enemy on my own terrain and my own terms.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Congratulations No Regret, that's by far the stupidest answer so far.

------------------
The lily is my favorite.

Hm, that would very well depend on what country I'm going to war with, and what country I'm fighting for. See, I'm a citizen of both, Poland and the US. If Poland goes to war with US I won't fight for anyone.
smile.gif
If it's Poland that starts a war, for a reason that I don't realy agree with, I won't go because we have a prety inferior army in there. If US goes to war, I'll go to Poland for a few years untill the thing blows off.
smile.gif

Back