Super Wing Commander

Bigt028

Rear Admiral
i talked about this before, however i was going through some boxes and came across this game again..i really want to play it..SWC for 3Do however Ebay lists are still expensive...any other thougts..

i was hoping to find someone selling their system with WC3 for 3Do as well...

i talked about this before, however i was going through some boxes and came across this game again..i really want to play it..SWC for 3Do however Ebay lists are still expensive...any other thougts..

i was hoping to find someone selling their system with WC3 for 3Do as well...

your almost 1 year too late. I had the 3do and SWC, but sold both on ebay. You're not going to find one for cheap. Best bet is to bite the bullet... or get the flip top system as they ten to be cheaper.

hope all is well, ok found my copy of Super Wing Commander, still dont have the 3do system, however is the 3do version of Wing Commander 3 the same as the PC version...

hope all is well, ok found my copy of Super Wing Commander, still dont have the 3do system, however is the 3do version of Wing Commander 3 the same as the PC version...

No, I believe there were a few things added in to the 3do version. The version you want to avoid is the PSX version, they stripped that game down terribly.

No, I believe there were a few things added in to the 3do version. The version you want to avoid is the PSX version, they stripped that game down terribly.

No, You're thinking of WC4... The 3DO version alters the gameplay of WC3 slightly to more match the nature of playing on a console. The PSX version tries too hard to match the PC gameplay (minus the ground missions). Both versions contain slightly better FMV because of better compression and color depth than the PC version. Both the PSX and 3D) versions have the news clips and hobbes message missing in the PC version.

WC4 for the PSX is abridged though, even though it adds some rumble effects and analog stick support.

Super Wing Commander is quite an interesting version of the game, for sure. The only issue I have with it is that it's tough to hit things with the 3DO gamepad. You can get a 3DO edition of the CH Flightstick Pro, but they are costly.

SWC has realtime and pre-rendered graphics that will remind you of 1994 Origin. Think of Bioforge, Crusader, and Privateer. It also has a combination of the classic music and some new stuff from a composer who just started at Origin at the time.

It has some extra missions that some people call Secret Missions 1.5. They help tie the game in better with Wing II.

I just picked up a 3DO for myself so I could play this game, among others.

Back