Super Wing Commander...

SWC was released in 1993, and has graphics equivalent to Privateer. Worth getting.

WC3 and 4 are also available for Mac.

Sounds good...
Unfortunately, I don't (yet) have a mac, can you give me some information what hardware / os version the mac should have to play SWC, perhaps it will not be too expensive as "second hand" (excuse my english...)
Do you know if SWC was released in germany, too?
I just have another (crazy) idea? Is there a "mac emulation" for PC?

Rather than buy a Mac to play SWC, the cheapest (and best!) way to get the game is to buy a 3DO -- a 'failed' game system that ran Super Wing Commander.

I once had a chance to see the intro of WC3 on a 3DO and start the first mission (in a store near work), I would really have prefered if they would have included an opition into the PC version to use the "starting cutscences" instead of taking off "manually" :(

Is the gameplay (with a gamepad?) acceptable on a 3DO?

What does a 3DO cost in the U.S. today?

Still I'm not sure how big the chance is to get this in Germany...

You can get a 3DO for as low as 20 dollars used. The gameplay isn't bad, although a joystick *is* available for the system...

I always handle this through my extensive network of ICQ friends in the US :)

I never ever use my own address as delivery address, I always have it delivered to someone stateside and then mailed here to Sweden. You might try the same thing if You know anyone You can trust...

The card (called the 3DO Blaster) is *incredibly* rare... you'd have better luck finding Giant Robot 14-L.

Thanks for adding your useful reply on the topic... I'm sure everyone will find you saying 'shit' to be quite helpful.

TC

No other post inthe world ever helped humanity so much as that one did... my god, you are my idol! lmao :D

The 3DO Blaster is also VLB. Which means no computer that can claim to be modern by any stretch of the word can accomodate it. I also seem to recall the specifications for CDROMs to be a little stringent as well. Basically only one kind of computer that doesn't exist anymore can use one.

I actually bid on an old Pressario yesterday, DX2/66... but I don't think I'll win, I have no room for a spare computer anyway... I had this idea of putting a desktop 486 under my screen and then switching cables back and forth when i wanted to play WC2 and Privateer, but most likely I'll just set up a pure DOS partition on my HD...

the problem I always had would be that I would use BACKslashes instead of regular slashes in DOS directories. oops :eek:

[Edited by Mav23 on 05-21-2001 at 09:14]

Back