(Super-)Video CDs made out of the WCA .AVIs

Jochen

Rear Admiral
Has anyone tried yet to burn (Super-)Video-CDs out of the WCA .AVIs?

I think that would be pretty cool because you could watch this CDs with (almost) any DVD player :cool:

I used TMPGEnc to convert the .AVIs to Super-Video-CD compatible mpeg-2 videos and then tried to create a Super-Video-CD with Nero 5.5.4.0, but somehow my DVD player can not play the disc :(

So I would like to know if anyone else tried something like that and if/how it worked...

Jochen

most dvd players are erratic with that kinda playback it was probobly your model but most panasonic models do pretty well with it but maybe it was just because of format too

Thanks, Kris...that link looks VERY helpful...can't make any tests right now though since I'm at work...will test it as soon as I'm back home...

Raven, I have a Thomson DTH3600 DVD player (not the newest model, but I got it for $100 in excellent condition with 1 year warranty :) ), but haven't found any detailed information yet with which kinds of VCDs it's compatible with :(

Any guess where to look? (On the Thomson web page, it's not listed anymore since it came out already back in '99)

Damn it! :mad:

Just found out my DVD player is just VCD compatible, but no chance for SVCD!!! :mad:

Well, I will then make some tests to create a VCD with WCA episodes on it...even if the quality is less good than SVCD, it would still be cool not watch WCA on TV! (I don't know how good TV outs are by now, but I'm *not really* satisfied with the one from my Voodoo 3 3000)

DAMN STRAIGHT

I've got a Vodoo 3 3500 card with TV - Out and I' can't configure the thing to work at all. But it would be a cool idea to watch the episodes on TV.

Say I've got another questiong about the WCA episodes. When I play them I get no sound:confused: ?

Anyone know of why this happnes? I've got a Sound Blaster live gamers edition and have never had problems with sound.

Originally posted by Jochen
Damn it!

Just found out my DVD player is just VCD compatible, but no chance for SVCD!!!

Well, I will then make some tests to create a VCD with WCA episodes on it...even if the quality is less good than SVCD, it would still be cool not watch WCA on TV!
SUCCESS!

I just successfully burned a Video-CD containing the first episode of WCA!!! :cool:

Tomorrow I will let my PC convert some more episodes from DivX into VCD-format while I'm at work so that I can burn them when I'm home...normally 3 episodes should fit on one VCD

The only problem remaining is that the VCD is just readable by my Pioneer DVD-ROM, but not by my DVD-Player, I suppose I'm using the wrote typ of CD-R

Congrats on the vcd. I thought about doing the same thing a ways back, but my vcd player doesn't have error correction so I figured the sound would be horrible after I converted it :( .

Back