Sundog Frozen Legacy: Resurrected

criticalmass

Vice Admiral
This is rather off the beaten track, but maybe of interest to someone from the nostalgia crowd (and, hey, that's half of us):

One of Wing Commander's (rather Privateer's) ancestors is seeing a remake: Sundog: Frozen Legacy (1984, FTL) is remade as Sundog: Resurrected Legacy with full endorsement by the game's original creator Bruce F. Webster.

Now, that news is almost 14 years old. BUT after lots of changes and team turnover, the project has recently released a beta version of the remake and is now churning out new releases as fast as the devs can manage to include bug fixes and improvements.

The beta is pseudo-closed at the moment, which means that applications for beta testers are still accepted, but you have to comply to the NDA and actively participate in the testing process - or at least refrain from hosting gameplay sessions on twitch. Being a member of the beta group myself, consequentially I can't tell how good the game already is... - and there's a lot I can't tell you about.

If you'd like to take a look yourself, go ahead: http://sundogresurrectionproject.com

Back