Suit Up! (January 25, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Today's new poll asks which Wing Commander product had the best flight suits. A few games have relatively similar outfits, but there's a significant change in styles over the years. Which one did you like the most?

The annual new year's poll has concluded with amazingly close results! Great, Good and Poor options all virtually tied, which means people with a pretty positive outlook once again make up the majority. No matter how you voted, we all have the ability to help make 2014 great!

--
Original update published on January 25, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply voted 3 because it was the first game with the live-action suits. Felt cool watching Hamill show off the little bits (donning the helmet, fitting the gloves). WC just got a lot more real for me. I did like Blair's survival vest he added on for the BW suits but 3 amazed me first.

Oh common, the SWC flight suit machine is last?!? Is it cheesy, absolutely. But it is still awesome and if there were any justice in the world, all other options should be invalid.

Oh common, the SWC flight suit machine is last?!? Is it cheesy, absolutely. But it is still awesome and if there were any justice in the world, all other options should be invalid.
It's put together like a jigsaw puzzle and obstructs the arms. I wouldn't trust it in hard vacuum.

In the scene where he jumps in the rail car, as he sits down you can see the arms clip through the pauldrons. Ow! One final ow for you, don't move a cm or you can get caught in the works, despite it yanking you back and forth in precise measurements to attach all the gear. That thing looks like it grounds more pilots then Kilrathi fighters. "Suck in your gut sir."

It might be useful as a marine space suit, but not really practical for pilots.

Back