Suggestions to help make it more like WCP

Kevin Caccamo

Rear Admiral
I'd like to adress some useful changes to make to the next version of Flight Commander.

What about putting a certain flag around shield emitters so they are seperated from the rest of the ship and put flags on shield emitters for their mesh and put child flags for their target component and position.

e.g.

<Shieldemitters number = "1">
<Shieldemitter meshfile="blahblah.mesh.bin">
<x="blah.blah"/>
<y="blah.blah"/>
<z="blah.blah"/>
<target>Bridge</target>
</Shieldemitter>
</Shieldemitters>

Also change how FC handles collisions because there is no damage, but rather you maintain a constant speed and direction for 3 seconds, no richocheting, no damage, and no fun.

If you want to do this, if weapons are being fired at the same time, their refire rates add together so you have to wait longer if you want to use your weapon again

These are just suggestions, not orders. I will give you the choice to implement these or not. Also, I want to make this thread open to any other suggestions you guys may have in your heads.

Oh, one more thing. Also make Flight Commander able to select different renderers if people are having problems with lagging. A lot of lag and a lack of red channel display happens in Flight Commander. Note that I am posting from a laptop.

Kevin Caccamo said:
Oh, one more thing. Also make Flight Commander able to select different renderers if people are having problems with lagging. A lot of lag and a lack of red channel display happens in Flight Commander. Note that I am posting from a laptop.
Have you used the settings menu? I have no idea what you mean by red channel.

Kevin Caccamo said:
What about putting a certain flag around shield emitters so they are seperated from the rest of the ship and put flags on shield emitters for their mesh and put child flags for their target component and position.

Also change how FC handles collisions because there is no damage, but rather you maintain a constant speed and direction for 3 seconds, no richocheting, no damage, and no fun.

If you want to do this, if weapons are being fired at the same time, their refire rates add together so you have to wait longer if you want to use your weapon again

I have no idea what you're talking about with the shield emitters.

I hear you on the collisions.

I'll have to think about the refire rates.

Look at the example, eddie. I thought the example would have made it a dead giveaway. Also, selectable renderers is a MUST have.

Kevin Caccamo said:
Look at the example, eddie. I thought the example would have made it a dead giveaway. Also, selectable renderers is a MUST have.

Ummm, no offense, but first, demanding MUST have features isn't the way to get them. If you must have them, add them yourself :), you can download the source. Secondly, you still haven't provided a detailed description of what you want. I'd like to see this description. Syntax is irrelevant, it's the semantics I'm interested in.

Perhaps he means the shield emitters must be on "top" of all capital ship components? Meaning if you want to destroy capital ship componentes, you have 1st to destroy the shield generators? That's the only thing i can make of his words. "Child" components only can be destroyed if "father" (the shield) is destroyed.

?Unregistered? said:
Perhaps he means the shield emitters must be on "top" of all capital ship components? Meaning if you want to destroy capital ship componentes, you have 1st to destroy the shield generators? That's the only thing i can make of his words. "Child" components only can be destroyed if "father" (the shield) is destroyed.

He's right

How do I get a higher OpenGL frame rate on a laptop with Windows XP? Without going out and buying a new video card, or do I have to?

Depending on the laptop, you probably can't even get a new video card if you wanted to.

Back