Suggestions for Standoff

But when everything is resolved, Quarto, how will you continue to torture Tempest? :) Personally, I'm looking forward to the twists and turns before the resolution. I like how complicated life is for poor old Bradshaw.

Sphynx said:
But when everything is resolved, Quarto, how will you continue to torture Tempest? :) Personally, I'm looking forward to the twists and turns before the resolution. I like how complicated life is for poor old Bradshaw.

Yeah. I'm a real sucker for the romance. I tell ya, man, I shed a tear for Braddy every night before I curl up in bed. :p

..that wasn't meant to be disturbing.

I have to say that my only problem was the rooms thing. I assume the room we see is the Ready Room, while I accept that we don't need more rooms the one we have at the moment feels just a little cluttered.

Here's just an idea, just to demonstrate what everyone is getting at.

In the Ready Room you have a door, which leads the the Rec Room, here you have the sim and killboard, from here you can go to Bradshaw's quarters, which is where he picks up his emails. Going from room to room could also be used to trigger certain cutscenes.

As I said, I'm just trying to illustrate the point. If the worst that can be said for the game is that we'd like a couple more rooms I think thats good going.

BattleDog said:
As I said, I'm just trying to illustrate the point. If the worst that can be said for the game is that we'd like a couple more rooms I think thats good going.
Agreed - that said, it'll be my pleasure to let you guys keep going on about the rooms. :p

Don't get me wrong, an extra room would be nice (not the WC3/4 room madness, though... more like WCP's 2 rooms)... and I'd love to have a transitioning-into-briefing short movie, like in the Confed part of WC4 and in WCP (which is something I actually considered well into Ep 2's development)... but all that is just too much work.

Guys, come on! An extra room might look nice, but its just a great waste of time...
Modeling, texturing, rendering, editing...its just not worth!
You already get all you need in one room. Using the time to finish standoff is more important, agreed?

Hi Standoff team,

Excellent release so far! I just have one little suggestion.

In WC2, Kilrathi and Confed capships were vulnerable to torpedo fire and phase penetrating weapons from all areas, not just the bridge and engines like in Prophecy.

If you created a subsytem labelled bridge&engines and made it as large as the target ship, this would mean the entire ship would be vulnerable, like in WC2. You could give this large sub-system enough vital points to survive 2 or 3 torpedo hits. This in my opinion would more accurately reflect the situation in WC2.

Thanks all!

Dragon1 said:
If you created a subsytem labelled bridge&engines and made it as large as the target ship, this would mean the entire ship would be vulnerable, like in WC2. You could give this large sub-system enough vital points to survive 2 or 3 torpedo hits. This in my opinion would more accurately reflect the situation in WC2.
We have actually done this for some of the capships, for example the Ralatha.

The reason most ships aren't like that is simply because I didn't think of it earlier.

There are, however, a few ships which have too many polygons for me to be able to split them into only 2 components (since there's a limit of about 1200 polygons per component).

Anit-matter guns

I know that capships have torpedos to attack one another with, and they are probably fired from the missle turrets on the ships, but my suggestion/question is about the anti-matter guns. One of the coolest things about wc2 was watching capships do battle with anti-matter guns, from a range of thousands of klicks. Are the antimatter guns to be left out of standoff? I know that there are no turrets on the ships currently that are designated for that purpose but it would be great to see them added on. Antimatter burst coming from capships would not just be great to watch cruisers do battle, but would also add a greater level of difficulty to bomber runs, as in wc2 a fralthra was known to vaporize a broadsword or two with its antimatter cannon. Since bomber runs are most likely to play an important role later in the game, it would be nice to see these cannons added.

Back