Suggestion for your game..

Gudeesno

Spaceman
I was wondering.. Can the flight engine be a lot faster like in starshatter?

I personally thing that the ships(last time I played the previous release), was way too slow.

Oh yeah, there there a way to disable music in the game?

Gudeesno said:
Well if I wanted to mod a game, is there a way to make ships fly faster.
Yes, there are two ways. You can make everything faster, in terms of linear and angular velocities, by tweaking constants.xml. And of course every ship has its own individual speeds which you can also change. You can disable music from the in game settings menu.

Likewise, I'd like to see any documentation you could provide in the way of what is needed to mod the Flight Commander engine. Additionaly perhaps a walkthrough of how to import ships etc.

Maj.Striker said:
Likewise, I'd like to see any documentation you could provide in the way of what is needed to mod the Flight Commander engine. Additionaly perhaps a walkthrough of how to import ships etc.

There's lots of docs at the web site on editings ships, weapons, campaigns, and missions. I also just put up a new one on importing Prophecy ships, at

http://flightcommander.solsector.net/shipimportdoc.html.

Try out the graphical mission editor to get a feel for how easy it is to create missions.

Dyret said:
Yeah, but how the hell do you test them without making a campaign? :confused:
Easy, just open up any existing mission file in a text editor, and change the player's fighter.

eddieb said:
Easy, just open up any existing mission file in a text editor, and change the player's fighter.

I wasnt clear enough, sorry. :)
I was talking about the missions.

What about scripted events like:

When player arrives within 5000km of specifed vessel, such and such happens. etc.

How easy is it to swap out music, avis and screens?

Maj.Striker said:
What about scripted events like:

When player arrives within 5000km of specifed vessel, such and such happens. etc.

How easy is it to swap out music, avis and screens?

No scripting, I wanted to make a simple editing model, without requiring the user to program. Music is any mp3, any avi can be used to play movie comms, and the gameflow can be changed as well with a text editor and any jpg/png/bmp. Not sure what you mean by screens. Most cockpit icons can be changed if you want as well.

Dyret said:
I wasnt clear enough, sorry. :)
I was talking about the missions.
Same idea, open up any existing campaign and just change the first mission to be yours. Or just make a one mission campaign, its all of 3 lines of text.

Say, one more thing, will this game feature optional newtonian phsyics?

As in haveing flight phsyics toggle: Arcade - Newtonian Phsyics for the main game universe itself. I can tell that regular wing commander universe uses arcade by default.

So that the optional variable, weight can be very useful for space flight.

To clarify screens I meant like for example you have the screen of the Cerberus room from WCP...can we swap this out easily for other pictures? Also...how hard would it be to add scripting events? I feel that would be a major requirement to create an involving plot. At least it would be a great bonus.

Gudeesno said:
Say, one more thing, will this game feature optional newtonian phsyics?

As in haveing flight phsyics toggle: Arcade - Newtonian Phsyics for the main game universe itself. I can tell that regular wing commander universe uses arcade by default.

So that the optional variable, weight can be very useful for space flight.

Nope. I like the current style better.

Maj.Striker said:
To clarify screens I meant like for example you have the screen of the Cerberus room from WCP...can we swap this out easily for other pictures? Also...how hard would it be to add scripting events? I feel that would be a major requirement to create an involving plot. At least it would be a great bonus.
Yes, you can already change the cerberus room, just open up gameflow.xml in a text editor. Scripting is a very low priority for me, but I'll keep it in mind.

eddieb said:
Nope. I like the current style better.

Well newtonian phsyics can be used optionally in the somewhat near future. You can have the ability to toggle newton on or off when you start an entire campaign.

You see, I didn't really have good experience with arcade flight phsyics(see x2 the threat), I ended up playing bumper cars in space in a middle of dueling another ship.

Back