stuck on P3 nuclear streamer mission!!!

ghostalker

Spaceman
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, ive been stuck on this mission for almost 2 1/2 weeks. its the "destroy nuclear streamer" mission (i guess thats what youd callit?) on CD #7. this will be very long and i apologize.

ok first i was flying the machete (best ship so far, ive been kickin ass without a scratch up til now). remmber wilco says you cant even get past the navpoint blockade or the nuke defense unless youre flying a neph ship. i was gonna start searchin for a backwater base to buy one but then i heard about the umbriel depot in circe and picked up a nephilim transponder. so i figured hey no problem, i already got a kickass ship, now i can get through.

instead i still get blown away. those umbriel bastards conned me on that transponder cause the enemy ships opened up as SOON as i hit the waypoint. so i said dammit i guess i gotta get a neph ship. did all kinds of searching and flying with navpower at 100 and found a bm dealer hidden in a belt in the euphrates sys--but their prices were OUT RAGEOUS. one of the bartender comments talked about some law being passed awhile ago forbidden the sale of alien ships (i dont remember the name of the law) and make a long story short i realised that i was supposed to win a mission (one of the 'smuggle Dagger prototype' missions) back in CD THREE and by some chain of events, i'd have been able to legally buy non confed/terran civillian ships in the private sector at a reasonable price. but no damn way im going all the way back to CD 3 to fix that.

so i moved to plan C - just fly the mission undetected. i flew a bunch of confed missions off the tcs birmingham and got clearance to buy a mirage from the hamburg PX base, and sure nuff the cloak held up and i slipped past the blockade..but when i tried going through the hangar entrance of the streamer, my ship bounces off the shields and wont let me in!! then i figured, well maybe i need the transponder again, but that didnt work either-bounced off again. so now of course im really flustered.

so i bit the bullet and started flying mission after mission and saving up my $$$ to buy a nephilim craft. now the only ships available at euphrates (and i cant find any more elsewhere, but with that law passed it's probably the only place i can find neph ships) are the moray, urchin, and lamprey, and in my game state the cheapest(lamprey) costs 3,500,000, so i save up and buy that with hardly anything on it cause i wanna make sure it'll get through the nuke streamer shields, and it does, so i breathe a sigh of relief and go back to euphrates to buy some more extras. ONLY to find out that i cant mount FE bombs on a lamprey. DAMMIT! so i figure i guess i gotta go for broke and buy the urchin, which is 6M and i'm like well damn for that money it better suck me and f*ck me as well as be able to load the damn floating electron bombs.

a week later i finally save up enough $$$ and can get the ordnance loaded so i proceed with the mission (which is double red flagged, so i have the "honor" of seeing the cinematic lose sequence if i fail the mission..wont even let me continue privateering in peace, and still i have 3 more discs so i wanna beat the damn mission anyways). i get all the way to the core, release the FE (i woulda dropped more than one but wilco gets on the comm and says 'good job son, now get moving'). i died 3-4 times just trying to get out cause the manta fighters on the way in start firing back once i drop the bomb and its murder tryna fly in those tight spaces, kept crashin into the walls. but even when i can escape them i can never detonate the FE properly. the 1st time i guess i did it too early and it blew me up. then i waited till wilco says 'why dont i see fireworks yet' then hit detonate--still blew me up. then i realised that wilco says about 3 comms before the streamer activates and the mission is automatically failed, so i waited till the last comm ("if you dont mash that button now we're all toast!") and EVERY time i try it i either blow myself up or it's too late.

i have been at this last stage for 3 days trying, i kid you not, ALL day all night and i just refuse to believe this mission is that hard. AND i refuse to go all the way back to CD 3. there has got to be a better way. i just joined cic and havent seen any posts about this yet so either no one has gotten this far yet or i'm the only one struggling, or im in the wrong place altogether. PLEASE HELP!!!

Looks like you had a nightmare with the Nephilim after playing Priv2.

Good fanfic, though. ;)

Cute, very cute.

Hate to break it to you, bud, but *THERE IS NO PRIVATEER 3.*

But you probably already knew that. Something like this needs to be posted in the fan FICTON section. Can I get my 45 seconds back for reading this nonsense?

i must be in the wrong place then, i thoiught this was a WC site. clearly you guys need to start scheduling more trips to best buy to see whats new in the comp gaming world.

i mean really tho

"On Hhallas we had a way of dealing with false accusers...if you care to step outside...? "
"If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, Miggs has Kilrah licked."
"He could truly have been a great warrior. Now he's nothing more than a traitor..."
"Morale's lower than a snake's ass in a mud pit..."

why are all these insults needed, i was just trying to get some help while i still have hair left on my head. the rest ive yanked out just trying to beat this damn thing so if youre not gonna support, please dont add to my stress. no ones forcing you to read this thread or reply-exercise your freedom, bud.

Lol! That's a signature. It shows up every time he post a message. It is no insult; at least not in the way you understood it, "bud". :p :p

Well, if I didn't know there was a Privateer three I'd probably tell him to try the mission with just one of his little FE bombs, maybe his signal detonates them all, and since he's got another tucked up in his ship it takes him out?

What the hell is that about, anyway? Someone pulling everyones chain *again*?

NapoleanAce said:
But you probably already knew that. Something like this needs to be posted in the fan FICTON section. Can I get my 45 seconds back for reading this nonsense?
Stop talking to yourself.

Jason_Ryock said:
Well, if I didn't know there was a Privateer three I'd probably tell him to try the mission with just one of his little FE bombs, maybe his signal detonates them all, and since he's got another tucked up in his ship it takes him out?

i tried it with just one floating e and it's still enough to take out the streamer and me along with it. its probably the urchin doesnt have enough shields to protect from the outer blast...

maybe i should back up and ask this since i seem to be all alone here --

How many people here know about privateer 3?

Privateer 3? Yeah sure, great game. Didn't that come out right after "Wing Commander Prophecy 8: The Price of the Heart of Freedom"??

your sense of humor is astounding...

ohwell i guess im getting nowhere with you guys, lemme go back to google and find a *real* wc fan site. perhaps some of you should do the same.

Sheesh, is this guy for real?

I thought it might simply be a sick joke; I mean let's face it...we've all dreamed of the possibilities of a Priv 3. But that's all it is--a dream, a fantasy....and looks to me like someone needs to head to the nearest bank and cash a reality check.

Kinda reminds me of that bogus P2 mission "SOS, I need help got dammit, I've got pirates all over my ass..." :rolleyes:

Back