Strike Commander Intro

I love Strike Commander, it was like starring in a cheesy 1980s action movie like Iron Eagle mixed with a little Mad Max. I even built a model F-16 with the Wildcats paintscheme a while back.

Strike Commander was a fantastic game...great fun concept with a interesting little backstory combined with great gameplay. Who doesn't want to play as a mercenary fighter pilot based in Istanbul? :) The backstory with the manual was well worth reading...good bit of fiction.

Maj.Striker said:
Strike Commander was a fantastic game...great fun concept with a interesting little backstory combined with great gameplay. Who doesn't want to play as a mercenary fighter pilot based in Istanbul? :) The backstory with the manual was well worth reading...good bit of fiction.
I remember being stunned by the graphics, I mean, the panning cockpit, the cool animations, actual 3d buildings being used as part of the terrain in san francisco, even something as simple as being able to see your weapons hung under your wings

like terranova, the graphics and gameplay were absolutely incredible for its time and it still doesn't look too shabby

Edfilho said:
IIRC the cd edition had both this and another, better version of the cutscene.
yeah, the CD version had an extra intro where the Wildcats scramble to intercept a pair of MiG-29s

it also had a sort of pong-ish game you could play during long load times :)

I wonder how someone was able to capture the intro and put it on youtube

Back