Strategy Guides

Bigt028

Rear Admiral
Ok, again this may have been covered, however i couldnt find a post

i am looking for a decent "Strategy" or "guide" book for the wing commander games, i just picked up on Ebay the "official strategy guide for WCIV by Origin and it pretty good...
so my question is should i be looking for the official guides by Origin, or the ones by Bradygames, Steven Kent, Chris McCubbin.....

here's what I have....these are the ones you should look to get.

Ultimate Strategy Guide for WC1/WC2 (Origin) by Mike Harrison
Authorized Combat Guide to WC3 (Origin/Brady)
WCP: The Official Strategy Guide
Privateer 2 Official Strategy Guide

I also have a crappy WC4 guide from a 3rd party.

I still need to get the two "Playtester's" guides for Priv and Armada.

The Armada Playtesters' guide is small and deceptively short-looking, but it's wonderfully written and packed with all sorts of lovely things. It's definitely worth the five dollars I spent for it.

At the absolute least. it's worth it for the staff bios:

orzulak.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
here's what I have....these are the ones you should look to get.

You, in turn, should look into the WC3 and WC4 official guides.

True completists will also want the Japanese-only WC3 PSX guide. :)

It's the one you can find...the Privateer one doesn't seem to pop up as often and I've seen it go for KS like prices....

That mullet is absolutely amazing. Rocking the 1990s....whatever the hell they did in the mid-90s with the classic Hockey Player Mullet.

Rare to see one of those in the wild... :p

Both wc1/2 guides are great, personally i prefer the ultimate strategy guide for the story stuff. the official and prima wc3 guides are both good (just avoid the other! and try and get an official guide with the making of CD) while the official wc4 guide is the best (the others are fine but not as good) priv is covered in the priv playtesters guide and the minasi 1/2 guide and armada is in the armada playtesters guide. Oh and the priv2 guide by jennifer spohrer (again hopefully with the poster).

minasi's guide incidentally also covers academy (not that strategy is really needed).

also theres a nifty german wc1/2 guide (becker i think published it) which is worthwhile, if you can speak a little german obviously.

Although you should just get everything you can :D

thanks for all the info...it is very helpful...
it seems that the "official" guides from Origin are the ones to get...
i have the one for WCIV and looked into the Official guide for WCI and II but that one is tough to locate...

cool, thanks i just orderd it...and the ultimate combat guide for WCIII..the notes explained that this one included the 3do version...thanks again

Back