Story IV

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I'm writing this as if it was the "Back of the Book"

In 2667, two enterprising entrepenuars find the hulk of a old Confed Warship drifting endlessly in the K'Tihrak Mang system. The bussiness man use this hulk to build the foundation of their new ship, the Atlantis. For many years it sails through the cosmos until 2681, when it is sold to Trojan IV Shipyards for scrap. The dockyard workers begin to strpi down the old transport. One worker uncovers a old plaque on the bridge, it reads: TCS Tiger's Claw...

Specific comments

1) Transports are big.
2) Carriers are bigger.
3) Much, much bigger.

Grammar issues.

4) What happened to the other business man?
5) Entrepreneurs, Business men, strip

General Comments

6) You should consider finishing something before starting off seventeen more things. Hyperbole noted.
7) Verbs are much better descriptors than adjectives.
8) Brevity is the soul of wit

9) It would be cool to see the Claw brought back to life, but, well, again, you're kinda chewing over the whole "False Colors" idea. Not that I don't like the idea of refurbishing hulks and all, but, it's been done. How about a new carrier (of an existing type, mind you) named the Tiger's Claw? Not unheard of at all to have done, and I'm somewhat surprised that the WC universe didn't already name another carrier after the Claw.

10) wouldn't the crew that refurbished the ship for the business men have found the dedication plaque in the first place?
11) Hell of some wealthy business men to have a still pretty new (and still large for the time period) carrier design refurbed enough to be space worthy.
12)Tiger's Claw was destroyed, not hulled . . . unless the business men could put together a 700 meter long jigsaw puzzle where most of the pieces have been atomized, its not gonna happen.

C-ya

Okay, a brand new Jutland Class CVA
TCS Tiger's Claw CVA 46

What are the specs for a Jutland anyway?

Also, was the original Tiger's Claw CV-7 or was it CVA-7?

CV-7. I'm not quite sure what the story is here, though... "there's another ship named Tiger's Claw"? That's not really a story.

Well I've made some stats for the Jutland, tell me if I should change them.

Also, does anyone have a render and stats for a Gettysburg Class Crusier.

Jutland Class CVA
Length: 800 meters
Mass: 78,000 tons
Velocity: 120/160
Acceleration: 35 kps^2
Y/P/R: 8/8/8
Shields: Phase
Armor: 2300/2300/2300/2300
Armament: (12) Dual Laser Turrets (6) Antimatter Guns (Later upgraded to Dual Ion Turret after 2672) (4) CIWS Turrets (Added after 2672) (4) Torpedo Tubes
Fighters: 105
Jump Capable: Yes

And if It was CV-7 then were only 6 Concordia Class Carriers built between 2634 and 2644?

I have stats for the Jutland-class at home. I'll post them tonight or when I get back from Texas if I don't remember.

The Gettysburg class is apparently just a huge variation on the Exeter design.

Sylvester said:
And if It was CV-7 then were only 6 Concordia Class Carriers built between 2634 and 2644?
Not necessarily... remember, in WC4 the Vesuvius was CV-1, and we know that it's not the first-ever Confed carrier :) (IIRC, according to the novel, the Vesuvius is actually CV-71). Meanwhile, the Victory, which was built either before or at the start of the war is CV-40. So, the number painted on the ship doesn't necessarily match up with the real hull number.

Why isn't the bengals up there?

Also, that isn't exactly correct Quatro. The Vesuvius could simply be CV-1 because they restarted the number sequence. Maybe that is why the Victory is CV-40 but the Concordia was CV-1
An example of this is the newest Los Angeles Class Sub was SSN-735 but the next ship built, the USS Seawolf, was SSN-21

The new story is set in 2661
The ships in the battlegroups

12th Fleet

Battlegroup A

TCS Tiger's Claw CVA-52 - Jutland Class
TCS Austin CA-21 - Gettysburg Class
TCS Shiloh CA-30 - Gettysburg Class
TCS Gilgamesh: DD-240 - Gilgamesh Class
TCS Wales: DD-177 - Exeter Class

Battlegroup B

TCS Illustrious CV-37- Concordia Class
TCS Johannesburg CA-26- Gettysburg Class
TCS Arthur DD-301 Gilgamesh Class
TCS Normandy DD-199 Exeter Class
TCS Kiev DD-179- Exeter Class

Oh. and I found an error in the Carrier Prod. List. It lists the Ark Royal destroyed in the BoT as a Confederation Class Ship

Sylvester said:
Also, that isn't exactly correct Quatro. The Vesuvius could simply be CV-1 because they restarted the number sequence. Maybe that is why the Victory is CV-40 but the Concordia was CV-1
Except that we know they didn't restart the number sequence, because the Vesuvius is CV-71 (or 70, I can't remember for sure).

I've seen the render and using the information I know, Iv'e made specs for the Gettysburg Class

Length: 800 M
Mass: 52,550
Velocity: 80/120
Shields: Phase
Armor: 400/400/400/400
Armament: (10) Dual Laser Turrets, (2) Single Laser Turrets. (2) Triple Neutron Mount. (2) Missile Turrets
Fighters: 34
Jump Capable: Yes

34 fighters is way too much. I think it shouldn't have more than twenty; it's a cruiser, not a light carrier. And it would carry only light and medium fighters for recon and self protection, no heavy hitter planes because it's heavy gun mountsdo the grunt work.

Fine two squadrons, 12 fighters each, so 24 fighters. Probably would have 6 Ferrets. 12 Rapiers and 6 Epees.

Here are the firtst 3 paragraphs of Chap 1, the whole chap. should be about eight pages.

Wing Commander
The Return of the Claw
by Joshua “Sylvester” Dworkin

Trojan IV Spaceyards, Yard 4, 2661.053 (February 22nd, 2661)
1230 Hours.

Sitting majestically in the massive dry-dock of the Trojan IV Spaceyards was the gleaming hull of a brand new Jutland class attack carrier. After 1 year of hard labor, the newest addition to the Terran Confederation battle fleet was about to be launched. A bottle of champagne, circa 2644 was suspended above the mighty carrier, the date a reminder of her namesake. As the crowd of onlookers, civilian and Confed alike watched, the bottle was thrusted downward towards the new vessel. The champagne glistened in the sun, rotating slowly as it fell towards the hull. Slowly turning until it made contact with the ship, shattering into pieces. As the crowd of spectators let out a cheer, the TCS Tiger’s Claw was ready to launch. Built by Trojan IV, the same yards that built her predecessor 17 years earlier, this new incarnation of the Claw, designated CVA-56, was ready to prove her worth against the Kilrathi.

Bridge, TCS Tiger’s Claw, 1235

“Well Admiral, now that the festivities are over, can we get going, sir? asked the master of this new vessel, Captain Peter Roberts. Getting a brand new carrier for ones first command was commendable and Roberts had seen his fair share of battle. From the engagements at McAulliffe and Enyo to the defense of the Firriekans (SP) six years earlier, Roberts had shown himself to be an effective commander.
“Almost, Pete, almost.” replied Rear Admiral Gregory Thorn. The commander of the previous Claw, Thorn had not been present when his ship was destroyed because he was onboard the TCS Formidable discussing attack vectors with her skipper. Thorn had never really forgiven himself for not being there. He disagreed with the courts finding Colonel Blair, now a captain, guilty of negligence. Canearvon Station is no place for a pilot of his skill, Greg thought.

Back