Stiletto and Morningstar

F4U Corsair

Spaceman
Ive noticed several similarities in the designs of the Stiletto and Morningstar, is it possible that the stiletto is a variant of the morningstar?

yes the artists probably liked the design of the morningstar in Special Ops so they designed the Stiletto in Privateer to be a lot like it

You missed out, like ive said so many times in the past, there is nothing sexier then flying a Morningstar off the Concordia, best fighter, best Carrier, the way I like it.

Special Ops was a two-part continuation of Wing Commander 2...
Secret Ops was a one-part continuation of Wing Commander Prophecy...

F4U Corsair said:
Ive noticed several similarities in the designs of the Stiletto and Morningstar, is it possible that the stiletto is a variant of the morningstar?
I doubt it. Other than resemblance, they're completely seperate fighters. One's an advanced, prototype capship killer, the other's a light fighter.

Of course they're the same! They both have *wings*! And *cockpits*! And their primary energy weapons? *Guns*! And don't get me started about how they both have missiles...

Ehh, I'm just joshin' ya, they do look similar - I don't think they're the same historically, but there's a similarity in design.

Lol yeah i know. Iunno I did like the Stiletto though, when I first saw it, I thought it was an updated morningstar. I was like YAY! Until I flew it... good fighter, but not what i was hoping for..

SoulSkorpion said:
Personally, I think there's more to go on in the "Is the Drakhari just a different type of Dralthi?" debate than this one...

"
Hobbes: Whatever you imply by that, you are mistaken, on Hhalles we have ways of dealing w/ False acusers, if you would care to step outside?
Stingray: You bet Furbal, I've been waiting for..."

Thats how I feel about you right now!

Stiletto might be a "cut down" Morningstar or the latter might have been based on the former.

Plenty of examples in RL with similar things occuring. Or the only thing that they have in common might simply be that they had the same design team.

Bandit LOAF said:
Stop trolling, however Wing Commanderically, or I'll ban you.

... Commanderically... Is that even a word? LOL thank you George Bush! Sorry Im kinda new around here... does this kinda stuff happen alot? I mean first that guy I executed w/ the Kilrathi Claw who mysteriously dissappeared, and now our new resident Swabbie.

Back