starwars galaxies

I've been waiting for it for about 2 years, but 15 bucks a month....HELL NO. But for a Wing Commander Online game, maybe :D.

T8H3X11 said:
I've been waiting for it for about 2 years, but 15 bucks a month....HELL NO.

That's almost the same price as most MMO games nowadays...

I got question about the game. Do you get fly Ships/Starfighters?

Cause that would be cool me as an Imperial behide the wheel flying a Star Destroyer.Watch out REBELS!

The current game does not allow flight or space travel but the expansion will. They had to cut out a lot from the original to make sure it made it to the stores on time. Anything that was cut is put to an expansion though.

I'm currently trying to get myself a new computer. The minimum specs are pretty over the top; my current computer is just short of them and even then I'd need a better video card. :(

my mate has the game, hes currently smuggeling weapons for the rebels and after just 3 days has managaed to kill a large amouth of hood, who just go out to kill innocents.

he also has an expert long range rifle skill that aloows him to nail ppl at a distance.

so far it sounds awsome id get it but 3 problems 1. not in aus yet 2. dont have the money to bye it, or the monthly payments and 3. my computer sucks arse.

u can even go out on hunts and earn money that way, also is a good way to get level upgrades. hes also a nice guy and doesnt randomly kill ppl, he has his own little posse of 10 ppl 2, which is pretty good, as id be killing every1 i met just for fun

dextorboot said:
My friend has it and says that the servers have been routinely down. And lots of lag, but not terrible.

That also sounds like every MMORPG ever developed.

It should also be noted that no one can figure out how to make their characters Force-Sensitive yet.

That's probably a good thing at the moment, though ... do you really want some punk-ass snot-nosed kid running around force-choking you screaming "F33L t3h f0rc3 mu7h4fuCkh4!!!!!!!!111111111"?

ah bob your a funny man.

but then again, can u imagine how many ppl would be jedi if allowed to be? and waht percentage would be dark/light, i know id be dark, so much more fun, better powers too.

but then again, tehres going to be a catch to being a jedi........if u die in training, u lose everything and have to start all overagain.....and when i say everything i mean affiliates, weapons, skills, freinds everything so im sure that will presuade alot of ppl who worked hard for things to stick with being normal.

but i would like to be a pilot for the sheer fact that if its like XvT or XWA i would be in the top 5% of fighter pilots.....as i am one of the best XvT players around.

some of u may know my name, its Dark Goku, well thats my handle anyway

Lord_Nathrakh said:
ah bob your a funny man.

but then again, can u imagine how many ppl would be jedi if allowed to be? and waht percentage would be dark/light, i know id be dark, so much more fun, better powers too.

Like I said, that's the point - the designers of Galaxies specifically shied away from making Jedi a specific "class", simply because there *aren't* that many Jedi in the period it takes place :)

Still, the problem with the Jedi thing is more likely growing pains than anything serious - as far as I know, anyone who wants to be one can, as long as they're willing to walk the extremely long, difficult path. That kind of worries me - I mean, they've put a disproportinately large amount of thought into it, but still, how are they going to compensate if a majority of obsessed gamers actually do so and threaten to unbalance the game. And what about people auctioning their "Jedi" on eBay?

i supose your right, alot of ppl will see it as worth the effort, and will unbalance the force, can u imagine having a jedi clan of dark warriors? they'd scour the neiborhood recruiting thuigs out of fear of being electrocuted or having there throat crushed.

and i for 1 know if a group of 10 jedi camer up to me and told me to there work id fucken well do it....dont need me dead.. im to important for that.

but it could get out of hand the jedi might become so powerfull and so numerouse that even the empire wont be able to defeat them

As long as you're not aligned with a faction that opposes them, there's nothing they can do to you. That's how the combat system works. There's no combat between players unless both parties consent.

well the thugs in tatooine seem to not care about consent, they attack u without regard, or so im told by my mates, and u need mates to help u cause there right anuses, unless there just computer AI

Back