Starlancer Keeps Crashing on Me

Jumpstart

Rear Admiral
Hey all,

I know this isn't the place for Starlancer persay, but I was curious if anyone here knew how to resolve crashing problems within Starlancer?

I have never had a problem before, but for some reason it keeps crashing on me on Mission 22. (the one where you have to destroy the satelites in 1 min, then the comms tower in 30 secs, steal supplies from the base, etc...) I have repeated the problem atleast 6 times, and each time the second wave of fighters come in, it just crashes (no error messages or anything)

I am running WinXp Pro with a GF3Ti500 with the latest drivers (was using the ones before it with the same problem)

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

try turning off 3d sound... I've read in a lot of places that this causes problems w/ post-98 os's and starlancer. recommendation #2 would be to reinstall... you can save your pilot file, so a fresh install will see your old pilot... hope that works...

The 3D sound is off. And I recently reformatted my comp a few months and put xp on it.

Starlancer was fine for the last few weeks, just started crashing all the time. Not sure if something got corrupted or what.

I guess I'll to reinstall. Thanks for the help all!

Ok... I've reinstalled the game, and kept my saved games... but now, when I go to load saved games, nothing is showing up.

Do I have to import them somehow?

I really don't know about the savegames in SL, but I'll give you general advice:
Save your saves (LOL) in a secure place. Then start a new game with the same name you picked for the old saves. Then copy the old files over the new ones created. That trick should work for about every game out there.

And I recently reformatted my comp a few months and put xp on it.

Ok, at first I had Win98 on my PC Starlancer worked fine. But when I upgraded to XP, it didnt work. Then I just got a new computer recently with Xp and it runs fine. So you might be having the same problem as I did.

Back