Star wars Rebels Review/Recap thread (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

im also excited, I truly believe lucasfilm and disney is testing the waters to see how popular thrawn really is. maybe we will see him in live action again. on a side note I picked up aftermath 2 and it is already a lot better than the first book, which I did not hate either

im also excited, I truly believe lucasfilm and disney is testing the waters to see how popular thrawn really is. maybe we will see him in live action again. on a side note I picked up aftermath 2 and it is already a lot better than the first book, which I did not hate either
Agreed.

On Aftermath 2, just tell me that it follows at least SOME original characters, and I might give it a shot. I'd assume that it follows Han and Chewie, based on the cover art.... but I made the assumption that the first book would follow the events of the Battle of Endor... and I was wrong on all counts there.

Agreed.

On Aftermath 2, just tell me that it follows at least SOME original characters, and I might give it a shot. I'd assume that it follows Han and Chewie, based on the cover art.... but I made the assumption that the first book would follow the events of the Battle of Endor... and I was wrong on all counts there.
Follows same characters as the first book; wexley, Sloane (the female imperial), the bounty hunter, sinjir etc.. it also follows Leia, han, and chewy as they play a role too.

if your on the fence here is a good non spoiler review

It's starting to pick up! The last two weeks have been pretty compelling episodes... and they have managed to do the thing I thought they were going to stumble with, actually get across how scary intelligent Thrawn is supposed to be. I still suspect that by the very nature of the show you're going to waste him in the end... but seeing him genuinely and truly winning is fantastic.

Rogue One was a massive boost for my buy-in with regards to Rebels. Seeing so much of Rebels matter to the movie in small ways was a big deal for me. It would be easy for them to follow Rogue One by changing where the show is going, which has certainly happened and is good... but it's the mark of a properly planned apparatus that we see things from the past two years of Rebels showing up in the movie.

It's starting to pick up! The last two weeks have been pretty compelling episodes... and they have managed to do the thing I thought they were going to stumble with, actually get across how scary intelligent Thrawn is supposed to be. I still suspect that by the very nature of the show you're going to waste him in the end... but seeing him genuinely and truly winning is fantastic.

Rogue One was a massive boost for my buy-in with regards to Rebels. Seeing so much of Rebels matter to the movie in small ways was a big deal for me. It would be easy for them to follow Rogue One by changing where the show is going, which has certainly happened and is good... but it's the mark of a properly planned apparatus that we see things from the past two years of Rebels showing up in the movie.
I agree so far lucasfilm is doing a great job of keeping the universe it tact, through all the comics, books, shows, and movies which is no easy feat at all. Im still hoping videogames will play a bigger role, but to be honest I didnt care for rogue one all that much, it was beautifully shot but thought the characters were paper thin and the dialogue was really bad. I found chirruit and baze to be somewhat interesting but they didnt get enough to do. Im sad to say it just wasnt for me. Edwards makes some gorgeous movies, but all of his movies have bad character development and some bad acting from his indy film monsters, to the godzilla remake, now to rogue one. Im glad you liked it though.

That last episode was juicy. All that space combat with those Y wings and I almost crapped myself when I saw that prototype Tie Defender and was so happy they didn't change the name or the look. Seriously makes me wanna play some Tie Fighter on pc now lol. Also loving those Hammerhead Corvettes.

Seeing Ezra in a Rebel pilot's outfit just FELT right; I had this wave of 'duh, this is what a Star Wars show should look like.'

For Rogue One - I agree about the characterization but loved the film anyway. I was so happy with its treatment of the Force as a belief rather than a magic power... I thought that was a much needed backup for Star Wars. But I think I loved it most because it felt like the Star Wars universe was suddenly opened again to the kind of role playing and fantasy we did back in the 1990s.

Seeing Ezra in a Rebel pilot's outfit just FELT right; I had this wave of 'duh, this is what a Star Wars show should look like.'

For Rogue One - I agree about the characterization but loved the film anyway. I was so happy with its treatment of the Force as a belief rather than a magic power... I thought that was a much needed backup for Star Wars. But I think I loved it most because it felt like the Star Wars universe was suddenly opened again to the kind of role playing and fantasy we did back in the 1990s.
I can see that and there were some things that rogue one did that really helped the universe. rogue one helped the empire finally feel big, in the OT the empire always felt rather small to me, but rogue one fixed that. Also them explaining why a weakness was in the death star helped retcon the OT some. Things I didnt like besides characters were vader's castle (yes I know it was based on original artwork from the OT era) but if felt too master of the universe to me, I was expecting skeletor to make a cameo lol. Also the "dont choke on your ambition" line was even a little too cheesy even for me.

Back