Star Voyager Academy

Bigt028

Rear Admiral
anyone read this, i just came across it when i was searching the Wing Commander novels. written by Forstchen and if looked up by amazon, has "wing commander" words along with it, is this a junior novel or about WC academy days....thanks

Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart of The Tiger
Price of Freedom
False Colors
Action Stations

Star Voyager Academy is not a Wing Commander novel. It’s the first in a three-book series that takes place in a future world of Dr. Forstchen’s own design. It’s essentially a setting for him to parallel the start of the American Civil War in space (the characters are cadets at the future equivalent of West Point when a war between Earth and its Mars colony is looming).

It was followed by “Article 23” and “Prometheus”. The first two books seem to be styled after Robert Heinlein’s “juveniles” and then the third is a cool twist (it jumps in time after the war has happened and has the space cadet characters as troubled veterans). It was a neat little series that never got much attention (the other books’ ad copy doesn’t even make a big deal about being connected to each other, although they’re direct sequels).

wow, thanks for the update, the way you present the books makes it very appealing to read. i too didnt think they were in anyway associated with his Wing Commander novels, but an amazon search found it. thanks, i will have to try to find the three books now

I just finished the first book and it was decent. I wish there was less focus on Low-G or Zero-G team Flag Tag and more on the sims though but hopefully the later books will fix that.

Article 23 was better then Star Voyager Academy and I hope Prometheus continues the trend but also includes some space battles or flashbacks of them.

Back