Star Trek XI?

Eh, it's hard to believe. I mean, no matter what news or rumours you hear, with Star Trek I can believe 50 percent of it always. Half of me says, no they'll never make another movie because the last one was such a major flop and didn't do good bringing in the revenue. The other half of me says, well it's Star Trek. It will never die. There will always be enough people who love it too much for there not to be another movie.

I do doubt though if there is another one that it will feature the Next Generation cast. Personally, I really liked Nemesis. I can see what lots of people didn't like about it, but I am always watching that movie trying to reevaluate it for some reason. And the Remen Scimitar remains to be one of my favorite sci-fi ships ever.

I loved Nemesis, and TNG is my favorite Trek series, but I have to agree with you that it's most likely the last TNG movie. They'll make a lot more money on a Star Trek film if they make one where they don't have to pay out the ears for the old cast to return.

I'm kind of skeptical that they'd make a Star Trek movie without a cast with a TV series under their belt however. It's really different thinking since the Star Trek movies were made mainly to attract fans of the shows. This Romulan War idea would mean people wouldn't have to be familiar with a particular TV series.

It sounds good, but will they do it and pull it off? I'm going to say no for now.

I'd rather have a movie with the DS9 or VOG cast.....

or maybe a movie about Captain John 'Tuesday' Harriman and the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B.

Ten was one of the worst evens. There have been odds that came close, though, but it's still an odd.9 was one of the worst.

Personally I don't understand why they are trying to go BACK in time. I didn't likes that with Enterprise and I surley don't like it with the next film. Star Trek has such a huge and wonderfull background story.. why destroying it with a film that surley make about one million mistakes?
When watching Enterprise I'm always upset because they don't give a damn about the timeline, bringin in races and technology that is not even evented in that time.
I'm a huge Star Trek fan for many years now, but also I loved Nemesis, the new way the producers go with Enterprise and Star Trek XI really sucks!

Yeah, I myself have never caught on to Enterprise. One reason I don't watch it is just because I never know when it's on and I don't think I'm home anyway. The few episodes I have watched I've noticed that they're always in a blueish room and that Vulcan chick and the captain are always rubbing each other. What's going on there.

Then I saw another episode and I swear that Vulcan chick was rubbing everyone down. :confused:

But I do wish they would move forward instead of backwards. Interesting as it can be, it just contradicts too much stuff. From what I thought I knew about the Klingons and Andorians and all that.

Wasn't there even an episode about the borg? And the borg where there from the past when Picard went back in time? How contrived can a story be? That I was really disappointed in.

There will be another Star Trek movie I've decided. But I wouldn't expect it for maybe three more years from now.

Oh, and I could talk about Star Trek forever if you guys wanna keep all this up. I'm a huge fan as well.

Worf said:
It's an odd. It's not going to be that good...
It never ceases to amaze me, how many otherwise seemingly-intelligent people keep on repeating that moronic old theory and worse - actually believing it to be true.

Shipgate said:
Wasn't there even an episode about the borg? And the borg where there from the past when Picard went back in time? How contrived can a story be? That I was really disappointed in.
Oh yeah, you can't get more a contrived story than an attempt to tie up a huge loose end, leftover from a really stupid time-travel storyline.

(...hey, wasn't that one of the evens?)

The reason the "even good, odd bad" theory exists is because the even movies generally center on action, and the odd movies are more like actual Star Trek episodes (except for Enterprise and Voyager who believe more in "Screw peace, shoot them"), more quiet and peaceful and to most people boring.

*Trekkie alert* My analysis of the Star Trek films thus far...

Star Trek: The Motion Picture- This one needs no explaining, it actually WAS supposed to be the pilot episode of Star Trek: Phase II, but it stretched it out with their long special effects sequences and bored the life out of it and made it a movie.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan- gave us a lot more action and the Starship combat that was missing in the first and it was quickly installed in most people's minds as the best movie of the series. It also gave us another look at Khan, probably one of the best Star Trek villains ever.

Star Trek III:The search for spock- Except for a few parts this film slowed us down a thousand fold from the last movie in order to bring back Spock. The only excitement was blowing up the Enterprise which wasn't really all that ground breaking since they get a brand new one that was identical except for the "A" on it at the end of the next movie. Again the movie was slow and wasn't aimed towards action, so it wasn't well recieved. Their attempt to make Christopher Lloyd a Klingon, though amusing, didn't live up to the awesome enemy we had in Khan in the last movie.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home- Well they thought of something other than action to liven things up, commedy. Yes it worked for this movie and it did very well, but in my opinion this movie is rather sickening after the first watch.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier- I'm surprised this wasn't Star Trek's final frontier given how much this movie sucked. Being a guy that can't stand inconcistancies and I'm too stubborn to watch Enterprise anymore because of that, this movie is the bane of my existance as a Star Trek fan. Not to mention the story was completely lame itself. They attempted to add in some of the commedy from the last movie but in a more serious atmosphere it was completely out of place and awkward.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country- And with this film it seems they went back to what worked before, action and an enemy to rival Kirk, even if they didn't have a good inspirational quotes department for this movie and they had to pull out the Shakespeare. It was a pretty good movie for the original series to finally quit with, the alliance with the Klingons seen in the Next Generation was finally explained and Kirk's greatest foes finally subdued. Again, it seems that bringing Starship combat and action to the table makes a Trek movie better recieved.

Star Trek: Generations It seems like someone finally caught on to the whole "odd movies suck" theory (or just got sick of hearing about it) and wisely decided to drop the numbering all together, even though that didn't prevent fans from numbering the Next Generation films themselves. This film more than any other played out like an episode of Star Trek and I suppose fans hated it for that. I on the other hand really liked Generations, it bridged the gap between old and new and in effect the movie torch was handed down from the original series to the next generation.

Star Trek: First Contact- After Generations wasn't exactly universally loved they decided to throw out a balls to the wall action film which keeps to the "odd and even" trend that they ironically tried to avoid by not numbering the next generation films. I enjoyed it, especially the Battle of Sector 001 at the beginning which showed us quite a few new ships and of course the new Enterprise itself was rather impressive, having some of the Excelsior's lines only much more streamlined. The plot was a little out there, but it did flesh out Star Trek's back story a little bit. Still, I could've done without the time travel but then it would've just been another Borg story that we've already seen I guess. It was recieved better than Generations because of it's quicker pace.

Star Trek: Insurrection- Yes there's action in this movie, but it's few and far between and it's crappy. When you look back at it, this movie contributed nothing to the Star Trek universe. It wouldn't have even made a decent episode of the series which is what it could've and should've been instead.

Star Trek: Nemesis- Again with the route of balls to the wall action. The feeling that this is the last Next Generation film and possibly the last Star Trek film is apparent when you look at the nods of the head to the films The Wrath of Khan, and especially the Undiscovered Country, where this film ends in uneasy alliance with the Romulans like the original series ended with the Klingons. I admit the movie wasn't that great or original and had far out concepts like the Remens, but as a Star Trek fan I was waiting for ages to see a Starship brawl in the Next Generation films and I got the mother of all Starship brawls. (Admittedly it was much more exciting in the theater.) Reactions to Nemesis are uneasy though, a lot of trekkies love it, and a lot, not so much...

In conclusion, the "odd and even" theory is in the eye of the beholder. There's many different opinions, and there's many people who think all of the Star Trek movies suck. If you take the general concensus on Star Trek films then most of the odd movies were pretty subpar compared to the even ones, but it's just a coincidence, it's not a pattern that can't be broken.

Curses are fun, unless you take them too seriously.

I Liked 2,4,6. On the other hand the only films i liked with the generations crew was first contact because i happen to like the borg. But it would be nice to have this new movie with alot of space battles.

6, in my opinion was the most awesome of all the trek movies. Christopher Plummer was the best Klingon I've ever seen (including Worf). He made them look more than just wild 7 foot mutants and gave them a bit of class and reverence. The plot was fantastic for a Star Trek movie and the cast gave some of their best performances. Actually, I don't buy any of the odd versus even theory since I've like all the star trek movies (with the possible exception of #1 since it seemed to stretch on fooooooooorever!)

I don't hate 4, I think "sickening" might not have been the right word, but after you've heard all the jokes a million times, slaughtered by a million different trekkies, it loses its charm.

Maj.Striker said:
6, in my opinion was the most awesome of all the trek movies. Christopher Plummer was the best Klingon I've ever seen (including Worf). He made them look more than just wild 7 foot mutants and gave them a bit of class and reverence. The plot was fantastic for a Star Trek movie and the cast gave some of their best performances. Actually, I don't buy any of the odd versus even theory since I've like all the star trek movies (with the possible exception of #1 since it seemed to stretch on fooooooooorever!)

6 was really good I think too. I loved the original score for it. Especially right at the beginning how the music ends and right after that, Praxis explodes. I thought it was really well done.

I can't figure out though why the Klingons had pepto bismol blood. I guess it was just all for that scene where they pull of Odo's mask to see it was actually a human.

I definately stretches on forever. Especially if you have that edition with the extra 17 minutes of footage. Most of that extra footage is just where they're flying around V'ger's ship.

I was really sadded when DeForest Kelly died. I really loved him in Star Trek 6. That guy was really some tasteful comic relief I thought.

ST6 got the score that it did because Nicholas Meyer balked at the royalty prices at using Holst's "The Planets" within a feature film.

Star Trek 6 was the best, I liked the fight between the Enterprise and the Bird of Prey. It was almost as good as Star Trek 2

Two is my favorite. I mean, it's just awesome seeing two starships just maul each other. And that it connects back to the tv series is also great.

I think Six is my second favorite. The end space battle was really good. It was also good to see the Excelsior in battle.

Star Trek Four and Generations are tied for my third favorite. On one hand, four was funny. It was neat to see what the characters think of our (at the time) modern life. It was cool how they found a way to make the movie interesting even with a big climactic space battle.

Yet generations was cool cuz you got both Kirk and Picard in the same movie. Also, they got rid of the Enterprise D (personally, I never liked that ship. TNG, yes. The ship, no.) And it also connected back to the tv series a bit.

Anyway, I also dislike Enterprise. To me at least, the show just never got interesting. The vulcan chick is hot though. If they do make a new Star Trek movie, I hope it's not in the past. They should move it forward in time. There's still a lot of interesting stuff that could happen during the TNG/DS9 timeline.

Back