Star Trek X: Nemesis (SPOILERS)

Main baddies . . .

I've seen that trailer about 4 times now (movies, TV, etc) and I'm still a little confused. A few things in the trailer point to the Romulans being the main bad guy (or joining the federation). The ship cloaking could be a new romulan warbird but the title is the giveaway (the romulan symbol-warbird with 2 worlds in its talons), In the trailer though, the bad dude doesn't look romulan and we see only one romulan in the trailer. Anybody hear any plot point leaks about this?

okay I've finally found the synopsis. We have very powerful terrorist to fight against. But does the main villian have ti look like a Moby reject?
C-ya

The only thing I'm concerned about is that it said it's a "Generations FINAL journey..." And on the stars were saying they left it "available" to continue next generation films. That sounded pretty concrete.

Spoiler (if anyone really cares):
The "Moby reject" is Shinzon, a clone of Picard, in case you don't know.

I'm looking forward to this movie. Enterprise started to put me to sleep toward the end of season one, so I need some interesting and exciting Trek, something I haven't really experienced since DS9 ended three years ago.

Here's hoping, though, that they don't cut Wil Wheaton's (Wesley Crusher) cameo.

IMO the TNG movies have always been horrible -- they're sort of... watered down popular crap. That's a bit harsh: they're enjoyable popcorn movies, but they're not the TNG I grew up with. Picard goes from philosopher to action hero, Data becomes a wisecracking sidekick... it's all very popularized.

I don't blame the creators (as every jackass Star Trek fan seems to devote his life to doing): it's doubtlessly a necessary transformation. The masses who pay to see a Star Trek movie appreciate 'that' rather than 'why'. They know *that* Star Trek IV was good because it was funny, they know *that* Star Trek II was good because it had action... so they're going to pay money to see a movie that has action and humor, never mind why.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
IMO the TNG movies have always been horrible -- they're sort of... watered down popular crap. That's a bit harsh: they're enjoyable popcorn movies, but they're not the TNG I grew up with. Picard goes from philosopher to action hero, Data becomes a wisecracking sidekick... it's all very popularized.

Very true Loaf, but the one thing I never figured out was why Picard becae the action hero. I know he has first billing and everything, but it's hard for me to see someone that's been , as you said "a philosopher* for 7 seasons (not to mention a little old - like harrison ford in a new Indy movie - though noone else could be indy) to suddenly get this wild hair to kick some ass. I always thought what they had Picard playing in the movies was much more in Rikers ballpark (though Frakes is pulling double duty most of the time).

C-ya

I would have to agree that it doesn't make sense to have Picard be the main action hero after all of the diplomacy that he has done. But, I must say that I will be looking forward to seeing him try to fight his clone. That certainly is a new twist on things. Also a critisism that I have is the fact that in the script (yes I read a pirated copy online) there is not a single mention of the fact that Worf and Troi were dating throughout the series... now Riker and her have gotten back together just because of INSURRECTION... I don't know about that...

I'm a tool and didn't put a spoiler warning...
SPOILER

I have three reasons to see this lastest popularized popcorn movie.

1)Riker and Troy get married.
2)Picard gets killed and
3)Ricker and Worf have it out finally

What more do you need out of a NG movie?

Originally posted by Knitewing
What more do you need out of a NG movie?

Better spelling and something more solid than fanboy rumors.

Topic edited to reflect the fact that everyone seems to enjoy refering to spoilers without warning...

Picard... dying?

I truly don't think that Picard is the one that is dying from what I understand, Data is going to die because Brett Spiner doesn't want to play him anymore because he is getting to old and his character isn't supposed to be physically aging.

Star Trek rumors aren't worth the masses of dead seals floated into position to spell them out with.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Star Trek rumors aren't worth the masses of dead seals floated into position to spell them out with.

I don't know about anyone else, but dead seals would be really smelly to use as something to spell out rumors... :(

Back