Star Trek Lawsuit

All I can say is that Voyager is the only trek that truly had something new to add to sci fi after TOS.

TNG was consistant high quality
DS9 was HORRBILE, JUST HORRIBLE to begin with but improved over time
Voayager was 50/50 with some absolute GEMS thrown in, I'm sorry if moral issues are hard to digest for some people but they're my favourite episodes, the doctors conflict saving a friend over an equally ill patient is my all time favourite of every trek series. And you say they weren't consistant, thats not strictly true, they just didn't always agree, it wasn't a single character replicated 9 times and this allowed episodes to take different routes.

TC said:
I'm just confused about what seeing IV more than VI has to do with typing one or the other.

Alright, let's try to make this the last post on this part of the thread. I accidentally put IV instead of VI because, I think, I use IV more than VI. Might sound weird. But that's IT!

Shibblet said:
Guys... Star Trek in general is getting spent out like Richard Gere at a pet store.

Think about it. When ST:TNG started, they made a whole bunch of re-creations of older Star Treks.

Continue in with DS9 (My favorite of the bunch) where they did start heading in the right direction creatively. You could identify with the crew... they were more of a working class, understandable people.

Then Voyager, which is nothing more than TNG marooned in a desolate corner of re-done prime time mumbo jumbo. I mean, really, who are they trying to fool here? UPN? This is the most commercialized Star Trek they have ever made. Add a new crew... Female Captain (Which isn't a bad thing), our black vulcan, gay chinese science officer, white boy pilot, demi-klingon, and indian chief first officer. A few seasons later, dash in your large breasted ice-queen (Thanks Dralthi5), and you got yourself a show!

Now let's go retro (sort of) with Enterprise. It's the Enterprise, we're exploring space, we have our same crew-formula to add, and off we go with our new spaceship called Enterprise. Did I mention the word Enterprise? Captain Archer and his crack crew of hillbilly astronauts, along with their large breasted ice-queen, are gonna save the galaxy from some temporal war that PROBABLY has something to do with a flippin episode of ST:TNG that we had already seen. Can we bring back Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) one more time please?!?!?

So, realistically, they are losing creativity... and changing the formula (ie. Andromeda) doesn't seem to work too well. Hopefully they will come up with something different and new, and Trek will be better again.

Alright, I am going to go breathe now....

This is the best summation of modern Trek that I've read.

I half was expecting Denise Crosby to appear in Nemesis as a cloned who-ever-she-was that appeared after Yar died in TNG =).

Denise Crosby would never show up in Nemesis... that would have made too much sense. :) Wouldn't *Sela* teaming up with Picard to defeat Shinzon have been a heck of a better story than Random Girl We've Never Heard Of showing up?

Dina Meyer showing up in any movie is completely justified.

I don't think Star Trek will ever die. I just don't think the Viacom execs would want that many mass sucicides on their hands. :D
Besides die hard Trek fans are like Washington lobbyists, only much more effective. Eventually they'll all get antsy for another movie and inundate Paramount with their demands. And then Paramount will probably cave.
As for Nemesis, I liked it. Sure "It was no First Contact", it was actually Wrath Of Khan repackaged :) , but it was still pretty enjoyable. I also like the fact that they had the balls to bring in outside talent to create, which hasn't really happened since Berman took over.

Bandit LOAF said:
Denise Crosby would never show up in Nemesis... that would have made too much sense. :) Wouldn't *Sela* teaming up with Picard to defeat Shinzon have been a heck of a better story than Random Girl We've Never Heard Of showing up?

See, I forgot there even WAS a girl in Nemesis! Her clothes must have been too slack and her breasts must have been too small - and maybe she should have been android for a gimmick. An ice queen of the day for Data, because Data hasn't performed his "multiple techniques" in like 10 years , he should have at least once more before he died =).

Back