Star Trek Lawsuit

T8H3X11 said:
Now the best Trek movie is IV: The Undiscovered Country, hands down.

Nitpick: TUC was VI, not IV :)

I liked IV too, though. I mean, it's got whales. Everyone loves whales, right?

It's all over.

Guys... Star Trek in general is getting spent out like Richard Gere at a pet store.

Think about it. When ST:TNG started, they made a whole bunch of re-creations of older Star Treks.

Continue in with DS9 (My favorite of the bunch) where they did start heading in the right direction creatively. You could identify with the crew... they were more of a working class, understandable people.

Then Voyager, which is nothing more than TNG marooned in a desolate corner of re-done prime time mumbo jumbo. I mean, really, who are they trying to fool here? UPN? This is the most commercialized Star Trek they have ever made. Add a new crew... Female Captain (Which isn't a bad thing), our black vulcan, gay chinese science officer, white boy pilot, demi-klingon, and indian chief first officer. A few seasons later, dash in your large breasted ice-queen (Thanks Dralthi5), and you got yourself a show!

Now let's go retro (sort of) with Enterprise. It's the Enterprise, we're exploring space, we have our same crew-formula to add, and off we go with our new spaceship called Enterprise. Did I mention the word Enterprise? Captain Archer and his crack crew of hillbilly astronauts, along with their large breasted ice-queen, are gonna save the galaxy from some temporal war that PROBABLY has something to do with a flippin episode of ST:TNG that we had already seen. Can we bring back Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) one more time please?!?!?

So, realistically, they are losing creativity... and changing the formula (ie. Andromeda) doesn't seem to work too well. Hopefully they will come up with something different and new, and Trek will be better again.

Alright, I am going to go breathe now....

Bob McDob said:
Nitpick: TUC was VI, not IV :)

I liked IV too, though. I mean, it's got whales. Everyone loves whales, right?

I meant VI (I've been out of school too long). The Roman Numeral IV I think is more common, but I do know that it was no. 6

T8H3X11 said:
Ok leat me rephrase. The Roman Numeral IV........I think is more common.

I have no idea what the heck you're talking about... :( It's a different number... It's like saying 4 is more common than 6.

Okay, either you're retarded or I'm too confused to tell the difference.

1- I
2- II
3- III
4- IV
5- V
6- VI
7- VII
8- VIII
9- IX
10- X

Hopefully that clears things up. I'm so confused I don't even know if that was part of the issue, but hopefully it is.

No, I think repeat I think TC thought I typed IVI which I actually had a space between IV and I which the I was the letter I, which might be a little more confusing...argh, too bad I can't close a thread.

I thought the point was that you said "The Undiscovered Country" was the 4th film (IV) when it was in fact the 6th (VI). And that we were trying to correct you.

I'm just confused about what seeing IV more than VI has to do with typing one or the other.

Who exactly are you referring to this time? It's kinda hard to distinguish who your insults are directed at when you don't specify. Not to offend or anything, but this is the second time I've had to decipher whether or not you're insulting me or someone else :confused: .

Back