Star*Soldier Errata

HammerHead

Rear Admiral
As appears, the exciting new Arena manual contains a few mistakes and misprints here and there.

So, I wanted to suggest that we, The fans, help EA and Arena creators fix the manual... (that is if it's not too late alredy)

Page 5:
"Mass: The physical tonnage of each fighter and bomber (in metric tonnes).
"Maximum YPR (Yaw, Pitch and Roll): The physical tonnage of each fighter and
bomber (in metric tonnes)"
The tonnage description had been mistakenly applied to the Yaw, Pitch and Roll ratings.

I actually saw a few misspelled words... but... I lost them for the moment...

Looks like the manual is pretty perfect...or that nobody wants to say something bad about the wonderful manual. :)

Anyway, what I stumbled upon (and probably dozens of others) is that the Kilrathi HS missile is calles "Claw" instead of "Stalker", as they were called in Armada or the CCG. But maybe it's not a mistake but they chose it because no Kilrathi ship mounts IR missiles (which were called "Claw") and one Darket is already called "Stalker".

So, I wanted to suggest that we, The fans, help EA and Arena creators fix the manual... (that is if it's not too late alredy)

Looks like the manual is pretty perfect...or that nobody wants to say something bad about the wonderful manual. :)

The thing about it is that it's so freakin thick with information, it's tough to go through it and pick out potential errors like that. It's neat to see if you do find anything funny, but it's pretty amazing how much obscure cross-linked stuff was done so right. (It does seem to be too late to fix, the physical printing would have been done a month or two ago)

You're absolutely right, the quality is amazing and we are certainly not trying to badmouth it or even complain.

As a sidenote: from the new screenshots today, I saw that the Kilrathi HS is also called "Fang", which was normally reserved for the FF.

Also, the Top Kilrathi Ace, Qharga "Baron Sihkag" nar Sihkag, with 2,508 kills is also featured in the "Rest of the Best" column (second column from the left, third pilot from the top) with 899 kills.

There's also a good example how great the manual is: I was thrilled how they describe the Sihkag clan as "formerly subservient" - a really obscure detail, named in FA in passing by.

Don't get me wrong guys...

This Manual is GREAT!
IT'S AMAZING!
IT'S AWESOME!

If anyone had read the time line- they made on-hell of an effort to link up every piece of continuity - and I mean EVERY PIECE!!! - the game, the books, the animated TV show, even the plot lines of unpublished books -
EVERYTHING!!!

what I wanted with this thread is for us - fans - help them make this amazing manual become even more perfect.

Back