Star-Made

WarSong

Captain
This sounds dangerously like an ad but I REALLY want to see what some experienced pilots can do. The kids who play the game now complain the pirates are too hard and they fly these dinky little ships a simple turret could hull. The pirates fly worse stuff.
A bright young fellow, who uses the moniker 'Schema'; from Germany, was inspired by a well known "boxel" based game. He created Star-Made and continues to be the sole developer. He began by using his existing game engine project dubbed 'schine' and develops both the engine and game in parallel. I was fortunate enough to become a tester for the game but it is currently open for all during alpha testing (and well beyond).

Fundamentally you build you own craft and fly them to do commerce, mining or combat. Some folks dedicate themselves to huge ship builds. Some WC-esque designs (like the Bengal inspired Brigadier) have shown up and I'd love to see more wingnuts get involved while we all wait for StarCitizen. Buying a copy of the game doesn't do anything special, the game is F2P. Even in alpha state the game is very feature rich with some more stuff in the pipe line. The main site is Star-Made.org so give it a coupla minutes of your time and see if it's something you're up for trying out.

Just ask me here for more info. I'll be happy to field any and all questions.

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump. I wanted to give this its own post.
257hv09.png

Say hello to the HeldTech Brigadier by Ferdiheld. Made 100% within Star-made and inspired by Vega Conflict era Bengal Carrier design. She carries 22 fighters and has defensive turrets. All user controllable. This ship boasts a complete interior as well. It's possible to tour a stripped down version of this ship. All you need is the 50meg star-made client, an up to date gpu driver and java 1.6. Sign into multiplayer server nasszone.com:4444 with the client and the tour-able craft will be parked in sector 3, 2, 2. You can float there yourself but it's much faster to call in a shipcore with the !CORE command and then press R to enter the core. Press N and set your navigation waypoint to 3 2 2 and it'll point you where to go on the HUD. Press R again once you get to the Brigadier and tour it all you like. There are other ships to tour as well including the HeldTech Damocles (confed like design) and SFW Silvana (Looks a bit like a Paradigm from Privateer).

Back