Star Citizen Reaches $100 Million!

Ijuin

Admiral
As of today (12 December 2015), Star Citizen has reached One Hundred Million Dollars in crowd funding (exactly $100,008,786 at the moment of this post). Congratulations!

But but but... Space Sims are dead??? OMG!!!

GZ CIG! You make a great Job and the Community is behind you!
They are not in my orga and is a older PTU build with probs with the nav at the beginnung.

German
But it Shows how you Play with your orga mates.

ähm.... don't overclock your reactor :D

And my teammates and I fly a Connie. We fight at a Comm Relay and I was in the lower turret - bad visibility - go up and stand behind the Pilot. In this Moment he and your gunner in the upper turret destroy a pirate. Screen right on time :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot0051.jpg
    ScreenShot0051.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 31
  • ScreenShot0053.jpg
    ScreenShot0053.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 90
I'm floored. The dream continues to be paid for... and happy helping to pave the way!

Rather eager to try out the Andromeda even though I'm waiting on the Phoenix. I've got a nice assortment of craft that deserve to clock some time with the new flight model.

Yeah, I can't spare the funds to get the fancy ship packages, so I went with the 300i as my starter.

Kinda weird. My reaction to reading about the $100 million milestone is basically "meh". Yet, I can't help thinking that this is possibly the biggest compliment I could pay to the success of Star Citizen: that I've gotten so used to hearing about their record-breaking successes, I now subconsciously accept it as a given that they'll keep breaking more records, and therefore when they do, it just seems trite and unimportant. Congratulations to all involved!

Yeah, I can't spare the funds to get the fancy ship packages, so I went with the 300i as my starter.

I bought an Aurora back in November of 2012. Still only have a single Aurora. Every little bit helps, right?

Besides, CIG have always been adamant that you don't have to buy more ships if you don't want to.

I bought an Aurora back in November of 2012. Still only have a single Aurora. Every little bit helps, right?

I certainly hope so - I'm in the exact same boat, waiting for the day that my home rig is finally powerful enough to take that Aurora out for a test spin. I want to do that before I even think about paying real money for a different (better?) ship. I'm hoping 2016 will be my year (at long last).

I certainly hope so - I'm in the exact same boat, waiting for the day that my home rig is finally powerful enough to take that Aurora out for a test spin. I want to do that before I even think about paying real money for a different (better?) ship. I'm hoping 2016 will be my year (at long last).

I've had many a spin in my Aurora, and I won't be buying another ship. I want to repeat the Privateer experience starting with the Star Citizen equivalent of a Tarsus. :)

I've contributed money in other ways as well, but no more ships for me.

Spending is a relative thing. I seem to be something of a minority here having several craft but it was money I could afford to spend. Anyone can contribute what they want and shouldn't do any more then they can afford.

To me a $30 pledge is just as important as a $10k pledge. A backer at any level is still a backer and I tip my hat to anybody willing to contribute to the cause, regardless of money spent.

Thanks everyone!

To those waiting before getting new hardware, it's ok to wait. I'm going from AMD Socket A and 560ti to Intel x99 and 980ti with a horde of next-gen games I want to play outside of Star Citizen. I just couldn't stand the wait. The system is designed to be a bit future proofed but unless you really have a NEED you can wait on a new rig.

New advents in CPUs and GPUs will soon push older tech prices down. Skylake and Broadwell are already forcing Ivy Bridge, Devil's Canyon and even Haswell-E chips down in cost (got my 5820k for a song). The reign of Maxwell GPUs (900 series and TITAN) will soon be over when the first Pascal cards come out likely next year pushing prices on older tech even further. This is of course the Intel/NVidia side of tech. AMD these days is more affordable generally but I dislike much of the driver issues they have of late with new and old titles alike.

When it comes to Star Citizen, there's plenty of time to consider new gear. Nothing is really optimized yet so system requirements may end up not being as bad as feared. Bottomline, if you can run games like Arkham Knight, Just Cause 3, or ARMA 3 you'll likely be just fine.

Don't worry. I got you covered ^^

Aegis Sabre, Vanguard Harbinger, Retaliator, Gladius and Origin 890J :ugly:

And some Shirts and so on - near to Grand Admiral Title - 2000 Dollar Oo :ugly:

At my german orga Galactic Starfleet of Pinboardia (Gamestar Fleet) we have 3 Grand Admirals, two of them with the Armada Package incl. Idris Frigate ;D

And about 15 People with my Rank High Admiral (over 1000 Dollar)

One Game to destroy them all!!!

Speechless...

Ps: Anther good Fan Video :) Star Wars Style

Last edited:

Take a look and just WOW! And remember! This is just a 95m ship - about same size as the Drayman. My 890J or future Polaris are bigger, the Endeavor is again bigger at 200m, Idris 240m and at least the Javelin at 345m (about Exeter size). What a ship!!! Amazing work CIG and special Fountry 42!

Yup! Got to walk around mine this afternoon finally (after an all night download) and I have to say it's going to take me a bit to get used to the layout and all the little access walkways and lifts and ladders that you can use to get around. It can get a bit confusing on the upper decks with the halls split/mirrored between the long fins off the back. I can't wait to take 'er out for a spin around crusader.

The folks in the UK have done some cool deck plans for us for the Starfarer that'll be ready soon!

Back