Star Citizen guild- oops, I mean squadron...

Wojo

Rear Admiral
Has anyone come up with, or know of, a WC CIC based Star Citizen squadron? Is anyone interested? I've noticed there are a heap of other squadrons already, and there was talk a while ago of a CIC carrier (I think the thread played around with names for the carrier, the 'Eisen' coming to the top of the list).

This is NOT me putting my hand up to run it. Just wondering if it was going to happen or not. If people think not, could go and join some other one. But reckon it would be a pretty sweet idea. Limited to members of the CIC etc. etc. Compulsory to refer to Vanduul as Kilrathi. Y'know.

I would also be interested maybe, but since it is too early to tell if it will be possible for European fellas to play with the American guys (twitch based combat in the game, so I guess no because of really bad ping) I'm not sure what to think of the idea. We would have to make it two or three squadrons or something, and that would be a pity because the community is small enough to begin with...

I was hoping for something like this. I trust the folks here (many I've known for years even if they don't remember me) if for nothing else, mental competency and a lower tolerance for asshats. Not like the Aces' Club is around anymore.

Since the average intelligence around here varies between aces and geniuses, I think I'd rather stick around and take my chances with the local crew then any of the other whack jobs trolling RSI.

I have a couple friends from Star Wars Galaxies who are pledged and might be able to drag them in. I did guild leadership (stewardship is more appropriate since I was appointed) before but have no desire to do it again. Someone else will have to field being CO.

Since Squadron 42 is going to be my primary concern before the persistent universe, I'd be more interested in finding wingmen for the co-op missions (hoping!!!) then ripping my hair out with the chaos of the PU's first days. Let the dust settle before us wingnuts take the galaxy on, tempered and hardened by the inevitable battles we'll face. If we're organized all the better.

I'd join up, provided the situation with my PC improves. My suggestion for the $25M stretch goal: scholarships for the folks that will need to upgrade their computers to play the game...

Starlancer played pretty well with people at two sides of the ocean as far as I remember. This is no ego shooter after all - there is some inertia in the ships and pings should not exceed about 0.25 seconds.

This is no ego shooter after all
Just in case this peculiar term confuses anyone - an "ego shooter" does not mean a game where you deflate other people's egos, it's merely the term Germans use when talking about first-person shooters :).

Just in case this peculiar term confuses anyone - an "ego shooter" does not mean a game where you deflate other people's egos, it's merely the term Germans use when talking about first-person shooters :).

And here I thought I could use my self-esteem as ammunition. Twin know-it-all cannons open fire!

My preference is for Sq42 co-op wingmen also. Perhaps that will evolve to front-line work in the SC PU. I guess it might be best until we hear about how the regional servers might work first. Would suck if we can't all connect to the same one. (I'm in Australia, so this applies to me!)

In my head it would take the form of a carrier/base sitting somewhere in the universe, from which we could all launch sorties (read: raids) and mingle in the bar afterwards. Bartender named Shotglass required. Airlock leading directly into space located in the sleeping quarters is also a must. Poker night thursdays. BBQ on the flight deck every 3rd Sunday. Please decontaminate before using the zero-g pool. Thankyou.

(I'm optimistic - RL is hardly going to let me play the game, let alone organise/participate in community events. A man can dream though, huh?)

LOL

So, with the latest stretch goal completed, there can now be a limited number of player-owned and operated space stations. My vote is for Olympus Station. Where you can spend 10 years being bitter & shooting up space garbage trucks.

Err......are you sure you don't mean Caernarvon Station? Caernarvon in Gwynned is where Blair was exiled; Olympus is over Ghorah Khar unless I'm mistaken.

lol.gif

It would be great to be in a squadron with friends here from the CIC! Count me in!

Last edited:
Err......are you sure you don't mean Caernarvon Station? Caernarvon in Gwynned is where Blair was exiled; Olympus is over Ghorah Khar unless I'm mistaken.

Bugger. I do mean Caernarvon station. Here I am pretending to know lots about WC and I make a rookie mistake like that... geek fail.

Anyway, the organisation system appears to be the way to go for this. [sigh] I guess I'm hesitantly putting up my hand to get onto some of the admin for this. Unless it's already happening somewhere else. Chris R? Ben L? Anyone else high up on the WCNews food chain have anything in the works? If not, well I want to have this thing, so I guess I have to do something about it instead of doing what I usually do and just sit around waiting for someone else to do it for me...

So... any objections to the WCNews PMC? Or a Privateer based Organisation? I'm more interested in the PMC, and I don't see why there can't be both.

Enigma PMC
Gemini Trade Consortium

Or some other WC-inspired names...

Feel free to make anything you want but an official squadron likely has a member of the staff in charge. First I've heard to speak of it was Dundradal (read above).

However, no one has spoken about our M.O.

Anyway, the organisation system appears to be the way to go for this. [sigh] I guess I'm hesitantly putting up my hand to get onto some of the admin for this. Unless it's already happening somewhere else. Chris R? Ben L? Anyone else high up on the WCNews food chain have anything in the works? If not, well I want to have this thing, so I guess I have to do something about it instead of doing what I usually do and just sit around waiting for someone else to do it for me...

So... any objections to the WCNews PMC? Or a Privateer based Organisation? I'm more interested in the PMC, and I don't see why there can't be both.

Hey, we don't have anything going in an official capacity. For the time being LOAF is pretty well tied up in making the game itself, and my free space sim time is pretty wrapped around Wing Commander itself. (and we're both working on some cool WC stuff that we hope to unveil next month ;) )

I'd really rather get some organized Armada multiplayer going, but time has been very short and it doesn't look like I'll get very far on that this year.

To be honest, while I've invested thousands of dollars in the SC crowdfunding campaign and traveled to Austin 3 times since the game launched to visit CIG, I can't personally imagine getting into the fictional/gameplay/community side of things until I have an actual game to play.

So I would encourage you guys to set up and organize however you'd like. We made a really cool Squadron feature ( https://www.wcnews.com/news/2007/06/22/important-message-to-all-pilots ) for Arena (which no longer works), but that doesn't seem necessary anymore because RSI itself is handling so much of that already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back