Star Citizen Commemorates First Decade of Development with WC Easter Egg (October 10, 2022)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Today marks a full ten years since Star Citizen and Squadron 42 were first unveiled at GDC Austin in 2012. It's been quite an epoch for Chris Roberts and team. In comparison, the span of time from the launch of WC1, all of the subsequent DOS/Windows WC games and finally release of the WC Movie covered about nine years. Nevertheless, vast numbers of fans were enthralled by the virtual CitizenCon held on Saturday. As is tradition, Cloud Imperium continues to sprinkle Wing Commander easter eggs in from time to time. "Christopher Blair" makes a brief appearance in the introduction of the new MOBIGLAS interface. It's always nice to see them remembering their roots! You can see that reveal below starting at about the 1:20 minute mark. Thanks to Whistler and Dennis Mull for the tip!

Look at these babies!

--
Original update published on October 10, 2022

I wish I could be happy about this, but after 10 years not even the single-player portion is released. Pragmatism please. At this rate some of the actors and backer might have perished by then

Seems like the single player portion will probably be released in this upcoming decade.

Yeah, I'm angry with myself that I've spent money on this game. Would never ever do it again...
We were promised some ship shapes USB sticks. Nothing ever has happened...

I don't pay attention to it any more. I have a pixels hope in an 8k display that one day I might be able to at least play SOMETHING that resembles a 'gold' release of both games.

I no longer know how anyone defends it, especially after repeated fundamental changes that go against 'promised' things like no outside investors and the latest thing where the promise of SC skill being earned by just getting better at the game, has been replaced not just with a U-turn to RPG like stats but the fact that you can BUY them.

So much for no pay to win.

I don't pay attention to it any more. I have a pixels hope in an 8k display that one day I might be able to at least play SOMETHING that resembles a 'gold' release of both games.

I'm in the same boat. I'll probably wait until they get around to the Xbox port to play Squadron 42.

There was a, probably not staged, leak of some internal footage the day after CitzenCon:

SPOILER WARNING, if you followed this project there are some scenes there that clearly spoil things in the story. The footage does look good. It also shows they have been working on a lot of things that were never shown, which is a good sign.

There was a, probably not staged, leak of some internal footage the day after CitzenCon:

SPOILER WARNING, if you followed this project there are some scenes there that clearly spoil things in the story. The footage does look good. It also shows they have been working on a lot of things that were never shown, which is a good sign.
I'd be surprised if that's even a new video. It's pretty lite on spoilers honestly... there's no dialogue so nothing is really in context for it to be really a spoiler at all. The first two min or so are things weve seen in various ISC videos over the last two years, and the various face tech shots seems dated, though it's hard to tell given the kinda crappy compression wreaking havok on the video because of it being copied too many times... However I feel it does nail the atmosphere they're going for and the fleet battle stuff looked pretty epic, and if that's actual SQ42 music it was suitably evocative. I've always been more interested in SQ42 than Star Citizen. SC just doesn't offer me much given my playstyle and amount of free time. It sucks when you have a 20 min block to play but it's going to take you 30 min to just get to the fun stuff.

Back