Standoff Patch Issue

Aeson

Spaceman
Hello everyone. I have recently installed standoff but the autoupdater doesnt do anything when i tell it to autoupdate. and so I cant get to the launch screen. Any ideas? Windows 7 64bit.

Ok well some progress. If I tell the computer to run the launcher as an aministrator then it launcher the autoupdator but it then cant seem to close itself.

Generally the game runs better in Windows 7, but have you tried the different Windows compatibility settings?

It must indeed be a compatibility setting issue, I'll be testing a few install scenarios in the next weeks; if you find a solution to your problem please let me know.

I did eventually get it it. It seemed that the patcher couldnt close the Launcher in order to go its thing. So I just manually closed the launcher from the Task manager and then the updater worked. Otherwise the game has been working without a hitch. I have to tell you guys that this is easliy the best communit made game/complete conversion I have ever played. And I really appreciate all the work that has gone into this project. I would love to help but I know absolutely nothing about programming or design. However if any of you need a plumber, drop me a line.

Glad you got it working ! Standoff is almost complete, apart for a few remaining bugs and a sim mission to be redone, so there isn't much you can do apart from writing a few lines from time to time to tell us what you think about the game as you play it :)

Back