Standoff patch 1.32 now available (minor fix)

PopsiclePete

Mission programmer
February 16th, 2011 - Minor update to 1.32

A small update from 1.31 to 1.32 is now available through the game's autoupdate. It fixes a number of compatibility settings for Windows 64 bits OS that were not installing correctly in the past versions. Although these could be set manually they are now correctly set automaticly. The Help/FAQ page has also been updated.

We are also working on an update to the OpenGL renderer that should enhance its compatibility with ATI cards. It is currently being tested and could be released shortly if everything goes well.

The fix isn't required if everything is fine for you; it's mostly aimed at new players or new game installs.

Is there a chance that this and the future patches , released for download ?

my wing commander pc has no internet access, so I cant really update standoff :(

Yes, this patch and teh next ones will be included in a future release of the main packages. This one is not significant enough for me to rebuild it all yet, that's all. You're not missing much though, this patch is mainly for people fresh installing on Win64.

Why are you running Standoff on a PC that is disconnected from the web though ? Standoff works best on a fairly new machine runing Windows 7 (yes, it runs better in Win7 than it does in Win95 or WinXP).

I can't explain it all, but there are a few little things that stand out: for example, you don't need to apply the movie-skipping patch in Win7. I guess they enhanced the compatibility layers over the years. Driver support also seems more reliable for the OpenGL specifications we use in the new renderer.

Well , its silly but I have Standoff on my "Wing Commander PC" :) . I know it runs better on 7 ,I also have it on my office pc hehe:p ,from there I post my scoreboards
but I mainly play it along with other Wc games at my home.

Back