Standoff operation

Sphynx

Commodore
Okay, I'm pumping up my friends about Standoff, but I realized that I had one big question: is it necessary to have Prophecy to run Secret Ops, or will Secret Ops run all by itself. If so, then could people who do not own Prophecy download the Secret Ops starter pack and Standoff and have it work without trouble?

This has probably been answered, but I haven't been able to find the answer with my limited time. Thanks in advance for the response.

Standoff, like Unknown Enemy, is a mod for Secret Ops (as you know). However, Secret Ops is a STANDALONE game. You download the main package, get it to run properly, and then download UE or Standoff (Or both!) and unzip them into your SO directory. Run the launcher program to install, and the game should run perfectly without messing with Secret Ops. Nowhere in the process is WCP required, or involved. Besides, I think Standoff is going to give WCP a run for its money ;)

Hope that helps!

Sphynx said:
If so, then could people who do not own Prophecy download the Secret Ops starter pack and Standoff and have it work without trouble?
Yup, the SO starter pack is enough to run Standoff - you need it, but you don't need the episodes (although if you do have the full version of SO, or the Prophecy Gold version, it will work all the same - like overmortal said, just get SO to work and you're ready to install Standoff on top).

Our installer should be pretty straightforward, auto-detecting your SO folder and installing Standoff there automatically.

Back