Standoff error

Razer92

Spaceman
Just about every time I complete a mission I get a "runtime error" pop up and crash the game right before my mission summary screen comes up. I have compatibility mode enabled and I have even uninstalled standoff and secret opps and reinstalled them both and still the same thing. any ideas?

First, can a mod move this to the Standoff forum?

Second, are you running the latest version of Standoff?

yes I am running the latest version of standoff, Every thing seems to be setup correct...it just keeps giving me that error. I says this :

visual c++ runtime error abnormal program termination

This is the sort of message I recall from not having the appropriate Visual C++ run-time libraries installed... but that usually happens at the start of a program execution, not part-way through it. Is it always the same mission where this happens? Might there be some library involved with playing movies that's not needed in the rest of the game?

it normaly happens right after a mission any mission when I am about to get transfered to the mission stats screen, but every now and then it happens in flight

With something so inconsistent and difficult to reproduce, it may be that nothing short of a complete OS re-install will solve this. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back