Standoff Episode 3 Released! (January 8, 2006)

Probably noone will play WC2 anymore.

I hope it's just the opposite -- maybe Standoff will give fans who are used to the modern 3D games a context with which to go back and enjoy the originals!

Amen.

I personnaly think WC2 is the best WC game ever; using it's setting is probably one of the strenght of Standoff because we try to mimic it in many ways....

Ok, before taking me out to meet mister Lynch :( , I must make my position clear.

WC2+expansions IS the best WC ever. Hands down! Just that Standoff is getting there. Besides, if it were for me the title would be WC2:Standoff

Bandit LOAF said:
I hope it's just the opposite -- maybe Standoff will give fans who are used to the modern 3D games a context with which to go back and enjoy the originals!

Yeah, and there's no story overlap. So the only impact Standoff could have would be a positive one on people playing WC2.

So far so good. I like it. I look forward to episode 4 and 5. When will they come out? ;) I notice there is some Christmas music in episode 3, the tune is Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas and it Christmas is 2 months old and won't be back for another 10 months. :D

Christmas was only six weeks ago, and the episode was released a month ago, and it was originally intended to be released around Christmas. Above all that however, the music applies to the in-game time, which is a bit before Christmas.

Ptarmigan said:
I look forward to episode 4 and 5. When will they come out?
Hehe, the worst part about releasing an episode is that a month later, people are getting impatient about the next one :p. But then again, it's always great to see our work is being appreciated.

Anyway, it's gonna be a while. We do hope to get both remaining episodes finished this year, though.

ChrisReid said:
Christmas was only six weeks ago, and the episode was released a month ago, and it was originally intended to be released around Christmas. Above all that however, the music applies to the in-game time, which is a bit before Christmas.

It's kinda strange to hear Christmas music at this time of year. Maybe it would be appropriate like in July, when people start thinking about Christmas. :D

Quarto said:
Hehe, the worst part about releasing an episode is that a month later, people are getting impatient about the next one :p. But then again, it's always great to see our work is being appreciated.

Anyway, it's gonna be a while. We do hope to get both remaining episodes finished this year, though.

Standoff is a great game and has a great storyline. Are we ever going to fly the Sabre and Morningstar in missions? Do we get to destroy the Hakagas? I notice Episode 3 uses WC3 music.

Ptarmigan said:
Standoff is a great game and has a great storyline. Are we ever going to fly the Sabre and Morningstar in missions? Do we get to destroy the Hakagas? I notice Episode 3 uses WC3 music.
Yes, you will get to fly the Sabre (of course, you already did fly a Sabre in episode 1), but not the Morningstar. As for destroying the Hakagas, you'll certainly get to... try :p.

Back