Standoff Chapter Four Now Available

Chapter Five?

I just recently found standoff and I think it is great! I wish Wing Commander would make a come back, but I was curious, is there going to be a chapter five? Great Work Regardless!

Yep, Ep 5 should be out sometime next year, and that'll be the final chapter in Standoff.

Thanks for the information! I can't wait! Been a WC fan since it first came out and haven't stopped since.

Oh my gosh.

Any hints for how to survive "Clearing A Path" mission with all of those corvettes, frigates, and destroyers?

Yes. First, torpedo the Targu II that's right in front of you at the first nav point. Next, make sure your wingmen stay on your wing for now, otherwise they'll get hurt needlessly. Then focus on shooting down fighters as quickly as you can. When you reach the second Nav point, torpedo the Targu II in front of you (yup, again). Have your wingmen stay on your wing once again, and destroy all of the fighters (yet again). Next, wait until your remaining allies run out of torpedoes (you'll know that happens when no more bombers are attacking the capital ships). Then attack the remaining capital ships with your last torpedoes. It probably won't be enough to finish off every capship, so tell your wingmen to break and attack, and this time, it should be enough to fully complete the mission.

If you're having problems staying alive, remember not to waste too much AB fuel. Sometimes it's better to taunt enemies into attacking you than to chase them around endlessly.

Great tips.

One issue is that I am using lots of fuel and running out. I realized I use way more AB fuel in the Vision engine than I did in the original games or in WC III/IV. I wonder why that is.

Because the AI also uses afterburners a lot more often. :p

Also, because Vision games tend to have *big* battles, some ships will be very far from one another. Some enemies may try to trick you into fighting them away from the main battle, in fact.

EDIT : And yes, in the most epic battles, you barely have enough fuel to complete the mission. This includes, among other things, the Snakeir mission, Clearing the Path, and Skinning Cats. So don't be surprised if you run out of AB fuel shortly before the end of the mission.

Back