Standoff Chapter Four Now Available

Just got done playing the first few missions. Great work on the models and textures! The battles are equally good. I just got back from a mission, and the debriefing screen said I had 96% ship damage. That was a great fight. :D

Unregistered said:
I just got back from a mission, and the debriefing screen said I had 96% ship damage. That was a great fight. :D
I bet the chief tech was pretty upset. :p

Just completed mission 3, and what can I say? It's incredible! So far, gameplay is great, as is the plot and the fiction backing it up. Plus, the voice-overs are worlds better than in UE, and the "talking heads" in in-game comms just add up to that. It's so much fun to play, I can't even believe I'm posting to this forum instead of taking off for another mission right now! And what's most important: Standoff has that very special WC feel to it (which I missed in WCP).
Honestly, whatever I expected from Standoff while waiting for its release, the final product exceeds my expectations by far! This project is 99% perfect for my standards. (And I'm a perfectionist extraordinaire, so you can safely claim it's 100% perfect for the rest of the world. *g*)

Okay, I guess I have to cool down now... :p Anyways, congratulations to the whole Standoff team! Thank you for creating this wonderful game for us - you definitely did an amazing job! I can only repeat myself: Wow, wow, WOW!!!

Wing Commander is alive and kicking - again!

...and you made that possible. Ladies and gentlemen: Have a very special Christmas! ;)

Well, then I have to finally get rid of that W2k I'm running...time for switching to XP *sniff*

wow, awesome mod :p
I first had some problems to get wcp and secretops running, but it REALLY was worth all the action.
The Cutscenes and the voices give a real Wing Commander feeling and it's so much fun playing it. Thanks for this incredible mod. It rocks :)

Kestrel said:
Well, then I have to finally get rid of that W2k I'm running...time for switching to XP *sniff*

I found out that turning audio hardware acceleration off completely and using win95 compatibility mode worked for me in Windows 2000 SP4 to keep the game from randomly crashing.

Ah-ha! Thank you very much, man, I knew we could count on you to show up again at the right time. ;)

Good, good, we need all the mirrors we can get.

...Uh, I hope. I wonder how we're doing in terms of downloads :p.

Back