Standoff Chapter Four Now Available

U

Unregistered

Just got done playing the first few missions. Great work on the models and textures! The battles are equally good. I just got back from a mission, and the debriefing screen said I had 96% ship damage. That was a great fight. :D

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Unregistered said:
I just got back from a mission, and the debriefing screen said I had 96% ship damage. That was a great fight. :D
I bet the chief tech was pretty upset. :p

Ironduke

Spaceman
Just completed mission 3, and what can I say? It's incredible! So far, gameplay is great, as is the plot and the fiction backing it up. Plus, the voice-overs are worlds better than in UE, and the "talking heads" in in-game comms just add up to that. It's so much fun to play, I can't even believe I'm posting to this forum instead of taking off for another mission right now! And what's most important: Standoff has that very special WC feel to it (which I missed in WCP).
Honestly, whatever I expected from Standoff while waiting for its release, the final product exceeds my expectations by far! This project is 99% perfect for my standards. (And I'm a perfectionist extraordinaire, so you can safely claim it's 100% perfect for the rest of the world. *g*)

Okay, I guess I have to cool down now... :p Anyways, congratulations to the whole Standoff team! Thank you for creating this wonderful game for us - you definitely did an amazing job! I can only repeat myself: Wow, wow, WOW!!!

Wing Commander is alive and kicking - again!

...and you made that possible. Ladies and gentlemen: Have a very special Christmas! ;)

K

Kestrel

Well, then I have to finally get rid of that W2k I'm running...time for switching to XP *sniff*

Swift

Spaceman
wow, awesome mod :p
I first had some problems to get wcp and secretops running, but it REALLY was worth all the action.
The Cutscenes and the voices give a real Wing Commander feeling and it's so much fun playing it. Thanks for this incredible mod. It rocks :)

Nomad Terror

Rear Admiral
Kestrel said:
Well, then I have to finally get rid of that W2k I'm running...time for switching to XP *sniff*

I found out that turning audio hardware acceleration off completely and using win95 compatibility mode worked for me in Windows 2000 SP4 to keep the game from randomly crashing.

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Ah-ha! Thank you very much, man, I knew we could count on you to show up again at the right time. ;)

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Good, good, we need all the mirrors we can get.

...Uh, I hope. I wonder how we're doing in terms of downloads :p.