Stacking Shields/Armor

Satori

Spaceman
Stacking Shields/Armor & Missing pictures

If you buy a leve 3 shield, leve 1 & 2 shields are no longer pruchaseable, but if you buy level 1, then 2, and finally 3, you have all three shields.... Do all three stack, or does only the Level3 apply?

Plus, my windows copy of privateer remake seems to be missing lots of stuff...
Mostly graphics... including scroll bars for EVERTHING... i have to click click click until I find the invisible scroll bar.

Nor do i get pictures when i target ships, nor does the little round green indicator EVER display anything (although it does in vega strike vannilla... don't get me started on how much THAT glitches), which makes it hard to track those dralthi ones they go offscreen....

Even when you purchase multiple levels of a given item (e.g. shields), only the best applies.

With regards to your display problems, might I suggest you try and download the latest drivers from ATI, NVIDIA or whomever?

A lot of users seem to be experiencing problems with ATI cards and P:R, though.

fyodor said:
Even when you purchase multiple levels of a given item (e.g. shields), only the best applies.

With regards to your display problems, might I suggest you try and download the latest drivers from ATI, NVIDIA or whomever?

A lot of users seem to be experiencing problems with ATI cards and P:R, though.

I would except i have no clue what my video card is... All that is listed its that i have "32 Mb video memory", which strangely, each and every one of my games reads as a 16 Mb video card.

Satori said:
I would except i have no clue what my video card is... All that is listed its that i have "32 Mb video memory", which strangely, each and every one of my games reads as a 16 Mb video card.
I'm assuming you're running WindowsXP. If that's the case, there are several ways of checking what you have:

1) "System Information": Accessed from the Start Menu --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Information. In the list to the left, select Components --> Display. The name of your graphics card should be listed next to "name" in the text on the right.

2) "Device Manager": From the Start Menu, you can access the Control Panel. Select System in it and then go to the "Hardware" tab. Click on Device Manager. Your graphics card is listed under Display adapters.

You could also left-click on any empty portion of your desktop, select Properties, then go to the Settings tab and click on Advanced. The name of your graphics card should then be listed under the Adaptor tab. This should also work under previous versions of Windows (such as 98).

Sounds like you have an onboard graphics card, which isn't all that great. If you have the cash to spare, I'd look into getting a better graphics card.

It says "Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller". Twice.

What drivers would i need to DL?

(and i have no clue how to add a graphics card, nor to do i have transpotation to go somewhere and buy one)

Thanx, i already got 'em by searching google. Problems fixed.. well aside from teh SPEC drive in vanilla VS

Back