Squadron 42 Relaunches With New Preview Videos (December 23, 2017)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
It's been a big week for Chris Roberts and the team behind Star Citizen. In addition to the big 3.0 alpha for the playable Star Citizen preview, they've posted the biggest reveal so far for the Wing Commander-style single player spin-off campaign, Squadron 42. Below we've posted both the two minute trailer that features Mark Hamill and the hour long gameplay walkthrough. Those who pledged towards the project five years ago get the final game when it was complete, although it was split off from the core Star Citizen in February 2016. A new website has been set up with all the details.

Pushing the boundaries of what's possible in real-time character rendering, Squadron 42 utilizes advanced performance capture techniques to translate all the nuance and power of the award-winning cast of actors including Mark Hamill, Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, Mark Strong, Liam Cunningham, Ben Mendelsohn, John Rhys Davies, Andy Serkis, and more to life. This was accomplished by using one-to-one facial scans to create hundreds of unique blendshapes along with animated wrinkle and blood flow maps. These work in conjunction with our high-fidelity facial rig and skeleton to bring a whole new level of realism to the more than 10 hours of performance captured for the game.

--
Original update published on December 23, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
:bet: So amazing. I expect a 20 min Video and get a hour ;) And those wrecks around the planet, the Clouds, the fly though the Asteroid - it takes time but hey - see what we get!

Just on pissed me off - I want it now :D At least the Demo :bet:

And 3.0 is now for all live - no more reason for not making a Nightflight ;)
Ingame Nick - Deathsnake :D

I love the update and the release.. And I'm a November 2012 pledger, so I'm good...

However, what will the game it's "purchase" fee be eventually? For a newcomer?

I'm with Deathsnake on the rest,
Handle: Mace76
Community Moniker: Mace

And watching the gameplay trailer gives me an idea why the game is not out yet.. The spaceflight is MUCH to "static" and it lacks the atmosphere you had in WC and Starlancer, and Prophecy(Not CR his product, but still a benchmark), it still does not "connect" and does not draw you in.

And the explosions.. look like they were lifted from Strike Commander...

Last edited:
And CIG has cheatet me....I swear no more Money for this!
And...
Nova_Alpha.png TMBL_HeavyTank_ShotA_TL07-Squashed.jpg TMBL_HeavyTank_ShotD_TL04.jpg
Hmmpf
Desert Storm in Space reloaded? :D Space Tonks! :D
And tell me - in german not avaible
I Want the Sweatshirt!
qiv5ln8phk501.png
Where I get it? Online Store?

However, what will the game it's "purchase" fee be eventually? For a newcomer?

It's $45 standalone now. I wouldn't be surprised if that changed to $60 upon full release. And then be quickly discounted, games seem to drop in price like a rock these days. They spend more time at full price in the preorder stage than at retail, so companies need all the presales they can get.

:bet: So amazing. I expect a 20 min Video and get a hour ;) And those wrecks around the planet, the Clouds, the fly though the Asteroid - it takes time but hey - see what we get!

Just on pissed me off - I want it now :D At least the Demo :bet:

And 3.0 is now for all live - no more reason for not making a Nightflight ;)
Ingame Nick - Deathsnake :D

It's definitely worth rewatching the gameplay video with the audio commentary... some highlights: most of what you see in the mission... pretty much everything after the first starfarer visit is an optional side-mission. There's a bunch of missing scanning mechanic stuff that will make that fight and search stuff in orbit much more interesting gameplay wise. There's also missing HUD elemnts (combined with the scanning tech) that would make the objectives in the planet mission much more obvious.

Back