Spoony "reviews" Wing Commander

wait wait wait wait wait, hold on for a moment. are you guys seriously saying that the wing commander movie wasn't a god awful piece of tripe that deserves to be ruthlessly mocked? really?

i mean...really? :?

i mean yeah it's no glove of darth vader, or any of the rama sequels in terms of bad but seriously, the movie was still awful

geez, and i thought no mutants allowed was hilariously myopic in their fanboyishness, they're at least able to criticize crappy parts of their franchise (even if they then proceed to veer into "the only good game is a 2d isometric rpg that is EXACTLY like fallout 1" territory)

Hehe, some guy registers just to join the crusade against those who called his lord and master unfunny, and we're the silly fanboys?

That's awesomeness.

He's damn near an entire month late in rising to the cause. They probably don't even let him into the cult compound because he's such a faithless slacker.

mang i found this thread completely by accident while i was perusing the forum for anything like the fallout 2 restoration project mod but for privateer (sadly it sounds like gemini gold isn't what I'd want yet due to encounter frequency weirdness).

As for tse fans, i think that most of them probably wouldn't like me for taking offense any time they broke out a bit of dumbass fratboy humor (as is my experience with internet nerds in general). And while i've enjoyed many of his videos, spoony's analysis are almost all way too shallow for as much time as the vids run for, and to top it off, he routinely uses the dumbass fratboy humor that's all the rage with internet nerds today ("hurf hurf sexual assault amirite~~~?! cant blve u tuk a fence to that u stupid darkie ~~~o~~~o~~~") which i loathe. I could go on about how most of the channel awesome members have the same problems but i'll save that for a post where i feel like it.

my post here is entirely because i think it's hilarious that you pulled a star wars fanboy and threw a fit when someone criticized a part of the franchise you've aligned yourself with that you don't even like (or at least don't have a reason to).

my mind boggles whenever i read stuff like this. it's like...i don't know...like you've based your identity around your chosen franchise, so any time someone says something unflattering about it you act like it's about you.

i mean seriously, you guys can't be saying that the movie came anywhere near doing the games justice, can you?

I'm so angry that you guys are angry that somebody else is angry about stuff that I'm going to go out of my way to try and make you angry.

my mind boggles whenever i read stuff like this. it's like...i don't know...like you've based your identity around your chosen franchise, so any time someone says something unflattering about it you act like it's about you.

My mind boggles whenever I read stuff like this. It's like... I don't know... Like you've based your identity around your chosen franchise, so any time someone says something unflattering about it, you act like it's about you.

My mind boggles whenever I read stuff like this. It's like... I don't know... Like you've based your identity around your chosen franchise, so any time someone says something unflattering about it, you act like it's about you.

I know you are, but what am I? :D

A garbage man.

I know you are, but what am- ah, you get it. :D

Anyhow! I don't think there's any need to worry about the guy being 'e-ragey'. Getting down to brass tacks, he's a comedian; maybe a bad one, maybe a good one, that's everyone's call to make. But the thing is, the difference between LeHah's post and all these others is that LeHah gave him some material he could use in an act, and likely the only reason why his post was featured. It's all good.

the difference between LeHah's post and all these others is that LeHah gave him some material he could use in an act

Reminds me of the old tale about the Mockingbird: it has no song of its own, so it has to steal another bird's to fit in.

That's how most jokes work, man; they're funny because they take something real or familiar and add a touch of the absurd, through wordplay or observation. Not sure what else to say.

That's how most jokes work, man; they're funny because they take something real or familiar and add a touch of the absurd, through wordplay or observation. Not sure what else to say.

scottygonk.png

The only reply to this is the sacred image of Scotty, in forum smile form.

I checked out a few of the reviews, and the reviews are too long. There's no way you should take 40 minutes to review Avatar. Brevity is the soul of wit.

I don't blame him for his reviews.

Let him vent. Obviously, the movie crushed what he liked and is very disappointed.

I don't blame him for his reviews.

Let him vent. Obviously, the movie crushed what he liked and is very disappointed.

I do. He's not some eager fan that was sorely wronged. He's a professional internet jerk that makes a living off exaggerating and mocking things - and legions of dorks just eat it up.

Reviews are still too long, and he's lazy to boot. Proof of that accusation is with his Ultima retrospectives which takes material others have so that he can do his Nerd Rage(tm) videos.

Back