*spoilers* Return of Squealer?

A

A Standoff Fan

Hi Standoff Community,

I have just noticed that this screenshot:
http://standoff.solsector.net/shots/shot140.png
shows Squealer, who is supposed to be in the brig after prolouge, as a wingman in the later parts of the game. Does this mean it will be possible to get him out there?

PS: I've noticed there are some missing comms and combat AIs in Standoff.
-The Gothri from prolouge mission 2 doesn't fight back when attacked
-The aces (Squealer, Sparrow) have no comms aside from their initial speech
-The freighter from mission one does not respond to status questions

Screenshots in the homepage aren´t always from the game, most are from Eder fooling around during the development stage. Squealer may appear in Ep. 2, or may not.... It is a mystery!

-The Gothri from prolouge mission 2 doesn't fight back when attacked

The truce is still up at that time. The Gothri in question is a peaceful, very law-abiding kat. Besides, if you take him down your own wingmen will take care of you, traitor!

-The aces (Squealer, Sparrow) have no comms aside from their initial speech

They are too embarassed fighting their old friends, so they chose not to taunt you back.

-The freighter from mission one does not respond to status questions

The Oakridge skipper is a quiet guy...

:p :p :p

Seriously, these aren´t bugs or mistakes... All these questions were raised before the game was released and the team chose to keep them like that.

Starkey said:
Besides, if you take him down your own wingmen will take care of you, traitor!
I was hoping that would have been a branch condition or something. This was before I read about the branching structure of Chapter 1, though.

A Standoff Fan said:
I have just noticed that this screenshot:
http://standoff.solsector.net/shots/shot140.png
shows Squealer, who is supposed to be in the brig after prolouge, as a wingman in the later parts of the game. Does this mean it will be possible to get him out there?
Well, the whole story with Sparrow and Squealer certainly doesn't end with the Prologue, and it certainly doesn't have to follow just one linear path.

Back