Spirit Tags In (July 24, 2018)

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by ChrisReid, Jul 24, 2018.

1. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

tsstevens posted this video of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in action. The game allows a wide range of clothing customization options, and he observed that this outfit results in the Asuka character bearing a striking resemblance to Spirit in her Wing Commander 1 duty uniform. This just makes us imagine how incredibly awesome a Wing Commander fighting game would be! Can you imagine beating up on Maniac? Or fighting a Kilrathi as a Firekkan? You could have stages like the flight deck or in the bar. That would be amazing...

--
    Original update published on July 24, 2018

2. Mace

Mace Vice Admiral

Really don't see it, just a generic japanese/korean girl, sure some badges on her "uniform".

3. Dyret

Dyret Super Carrot!

Sounds like Spirit to me. :p

4. Quarto

Quarto Unknown Enemy

Spirit was generic as a character, but when it comes to her appearance... well, she did have a face, right? So, the only way another character can look like Spirit is if they actually... you know, look like Spirit. I agree with Mace - far from seeing a striking resemblance, I'm seeing a striking dissimilarity - striking, because there is literally nothing similar about these two faces, and yet we hear they're supposed to be alike.

5. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Really? :confused: I mean, I'm half Japanese, so I have a relatively discerning eye for Asian facial characteristics, and I see a relatively good similarity here, as far as fidelity of video game character models go. And the authentic WC1 outfit is an incredibly generic blue pants/brown jacket combo, which is exactly what she's wearing here. Sometimes I think you guys are just being contrary for fun. :cool:

6. Dyret

Dyret Super Carrot!

I mean, generic cute asian chick is how I'd describe both her looks and her character. But yeah, it was mostly just a joke.