speed problems in WC 1 and WC2 Deluxe Editions

Sythifuge

Spaceman
Im trying to run WC1 and WC2 on either of my 450Mhz systems (p3 and amd k6-2), and I can't get the cinematics in WC2 to slow down when I have speech enabled-Prince Thrakkath's mouth freaks out then stops animating before his speech is done, and speech from the emperor/prince conversation carries over to the nect cutscene. Origin should have been polite and made Win95 patches for these originals when they made The Kilrathi Saga

You should be happy that Origin even got WC1/2 to work in Windows. ;)

I don't think there's much you can do about the excessively fast mouth movements. Live with it. :)

I would be happier if they would have made patches for the originals. They did make a patch for WC IV after all. I would also be happier if they still sold Kilrathi Saga.

So would a lot of people.

If the animation speed is really a problem, then get Mo'Slo from the files section of this site.

I have used moslo

I have moslo'd the game. I can get the cutscenes *that don't have speech playing* to slow down fine. Its when the speech happens that the "mouth" animations tweak out and finish before the speech finishes. So I get Prince Puddy-Tat smacking his lips faster than the flaps on a goose's behind, while the speech plays normally. Then he is still talking, but in the cutscene he is just standing there with a frozen dumb look on his face. Then when the scene cuts over to the next cutscene, where Admiral Colostomy Bag starts tweakin' on Bluehair, you can hear Emperor Puddy-Tat talking still. I have tried different moslo settings, all to the same effect. I just hope PCGamer puts out WC II on a cd...

Back