SpaceX Launches Crew Into Space! (May 30, 2020)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
SpaceX made history today by being the first private company to launch astronauts into orbit. We love looking at all of the fantastic sci-fi space ships that frequently appear in the news, but it's worth pausing for a moment to appreciate just how special it is when those ships are real. The CIC has been following the incredibly ambitious SpaceX plans for ten years since we first reported on their ground breaking unmanned launch in 2010. Now it's 2020 and there are people in space right now flying the Dragon capsule. That's just fantastic. The exciting liftoff was streamed live to millions of people, but the crew is still up there beaming back tremendous footage. You might have missed this fun clip where they show off the interior cabin below. Feel free to drop by the #Wingnut Discord tomorrow morning as we watch the ship dock with the International Space Station!

Here's a nice recap for anyone who didn't see the festivities earlier today:

--
Original update published on May 30, 2020

I had been seeing the live stream and the start of the rocket, but unfortunately I missed the landing of the part of the rocket that is capable to starting and landing multiple times.

This was so cool and inspiring I had to make something. Godspeed, Bob and Doug!

Attachments

• B5B0CE6F-5581-4A0D-AF8D-CACD4E971C96.jpeg
    B5B0CE6F-5581-4A0D-AF8D-CACD4E971C96.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
i am liking those spacesuits; they're pretty snazzy!
Great day for humankind.

Back