Spacetime Studios

Shooter

Rear Admiral
I don't know if this was already posted, I've searched the forums but didn´t find anything.

Today I was browsing thru the games industry news and I found this:

"NCsoft Corporation, the world’s leading developer and publisher of online computer games, announced today its latest partnership with a new company in Austin. Spacetime Studios, composed of a core team with previous leadership roles on successful franchises such as Privateer, Wing Commander and Star Wars Galaxies, will publish its next game under the NCsoft brand."

You can read the rest of the article here.

Does anybody have more details on this?

I was hoping this would be posted to the news in today's update. I'm excited to see if anyone here has some insight into this.

Things look hopeful here, seeing that it links to the WC and Privateer series...in referance to this 'new-online' game, did they say anything about its release and the title.

Hmm, yes, very interesting news...especially with a name like "Spacetime Studios." Granted they may not actually do anything with that but considering they list three space related games as a track record and chose the name, Spacetime studios, I'm hoping to see a space sim released from these guys in a few years. :)

NCSoft has Lineage II, City of Villains/Heroes, Guild Wars, Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault, all of them MMO's, so I thinks is safe to presume that is going to be an online game. I would kill for a "Privateer MMORPG type" game. :D

They already announced thath they're working on a undisclosed MOG. It MIGHT be a Space sim... EVE online has a very good standing, and a TRUE space sim MOG could be sucessful.

I only hope that the fact that half the company is responsible for the terrible SWG won't screw up the new game.

Don't be a jackass. The people resonsible for the "terrible SWG" are also the people responsible for Wing Commander III+.

Bandit LOAF said:
Don't be a jackass. The people resonsible for the "terrible SWG" are also the people responsible for Wing Commander III+.

If anything, the part of star wars galaxies that most of the ex-wing commander folks worked on was the part that is probably most liked (flight stuff from the jump to light speed expansion)

Ehh, I think it's the other way around -- the initial Star Wars Galaxies' credits read like Privateer Online would have.

Just glancing at the list at MobyGames I see asommers, J. Allen Brack, Jake Rodgers, Reece Thornton, Captain Johnny, Jeff Grills, Damon Lane Waldrip, Anthony Castoro and Cinco Barnes in the initial Galaxies credit.

Edfilho said:
ok, so who were the people in both WC3 and SWG?

We did a big update about this when SWG launched. There's about fiften names listed in the update, but there were some we missed and some that came after as well.

https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/4767

Origin, Digital Anvil, Verant, Sony Online Entertainment-Austin, Spacetime Studios, Ion Storm, Bioware-Austin, NCSoft-Austin and tons of other companies have all been made up of the same couple hundred people, just shuffled up in different combinations depending on what year it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back