sound in privateer 2

DODERA

Spaceman
I´m having some difficulties when installing Privateer2. The problem is that I'm using Windows 98 instead of DOS. I made a Windows Bootdisk and I had to install a mouse driver but now i'm having problems with the sound card. The game doesn't recognize any of the choices. In my computer, i use Creative AWE64 which is compatible with Sound Blaster 16 and AWE32. The sound card works perfectly on Windows 98 but I believe it's not recognized in the DOS mode. The bootdisk doesn't have a sound card line on autoexec and config.sys.I don't know if i need a sound card driver for DOS or if i must change something in my bootdisk to recognize the Sound Card.

It requires a couple of calls in the autoexec.bat file.

Search for a file on your drive labelled "CTCM.EXE" and make a call to it in your autoexec.bat file. Also, find the file labelled "AWEUTIL.EXE" and make a call to that; play around with the command-line options. I can't remember for sure, but I think the one you want is /MIDI:GM or something like that. To get a list of the command-line options, type AWEUTIL /? at the command line.

Back