Something to think about

Winnyfred

Rear Admiral
We all know WC has been a SP (Singleplayer) game every since the day it was released-excluding armada- and we have all enjoyed it. What would happen if we put us WC pilots, and Admirals (for those who dominated armada) put them together in a WC Multiplayer game? The admirals plan missions and us as Wing Commanders and Wingmen, fly those missions against an AI controled Kilrathi/Nephilum enemy? Just something to think about.

Huh, it doesn't look to bad of a game, and best of all, source code was released. I'm sure an experinced modder in the Wing Commander Universe could modify it to fit the fighters, carriers, bases, destoryers, and many others to fit this game, rename the game, like "Wing Commander: 7" or something along those lines, just don't forget to give credit to Microsoft if you do :)

This could be award winning.

Something else I'd like to add, in all the Wing Commander games when you went anywhere you were restricted from moving around a room. In this game (if it is ever made,) you could explore your carrier, go to the briefing room, flight deck, quarters, "pilot country" and so on. After successful missions you could wait for your buddy to land and get in the elevator and head on up to pilot country, or get yelled at by the chief tech officer for wasting/trashing your ship. Log in your quarters talk to people in the rec room.

He's talking about how the rooms on the ship you were assigned to were "static" and how he'd like to go exploring on it.

Its a lovely idea - but I think we don't have to look much further than the Star Trek Interactive Technical Manual to show just how bad of an idea it is once it's finished.

Well, true, but I'd like the freedom of movement don't you :). My dad and I thought of something neat, such as every time you log on, you have a mission (just one) that you can do, it would list the total nav points, wingman, and hostile activity from a scale 1 to 10. First timers get assigned with rookie squadrons, and normally do missions of 1 or 2 difficulty, normaly a close fleet patrol, and on occasion get unlucky and fly into an ambush. As you become a seasoned pilot you move up and end at 9 (10 is for the admirals, since they command a fleet.)

Back